GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed, when you are driving at aprox. 30-40 K/M, with the rear windows down, the head liner starts to resinate (vibrate) and gets worse with increased speed. 70-80 K/M it became so violent I had to close the rear windows.
My Acadia has no sunroofs, is there anyone else without sunroofs that could test this and let me know if they are having the same problem and what the fix might be?

Thanks
Jetter

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes ....all of us are. there's a thread on it somewhere. I thought a huey was coming down my first time.

fix...?.......open a front window

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've actually experienced what we've dubbed the "sonic boom" with only a front window open too. You need to at least crack one of the other windows if you want to have a window fully opened to avoid this. It used to happen with both my Vues too, but not nearly as bad as with the Acadia. On the Acadia it's actually painful on the ears. :-\

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, glad to know we are not the only ones and sorry we all have to put up with it. If I come up with a fix I will post it. There must be something that can be done to fix this.

(shot_1 : What is a thread and is it on this site?)

·
Registered
119 Posts
a Thread is slang name for the info sharing we do.......such as this.

here's a link, I found in a thread for more "Wind Buffeting" info.

"There is a fair amount of information on this phenomenon in this thread:

<http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95630&highlight=pressure+wave>.

Someone even posted a fluid dynamics model showing the build-up of pressure waves. Maybe even too much information"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts