GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took a quick road trip this weekend but it was long enough for a DVD movie in the back. So the rear audio and rear A/C controls were both being used. My wife commented on how warm the rear controls were. I put my hand on the display for the rear controls and it was very warm to almost hot. Can anyone else confirm that theirs too is warm/hot when in use? This may be totally normal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've noticed the same thing on mine. Not really worried about it, the front controls get warm too.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Havent checked the Acadia but I do know that CDs get pretty hot. At least in all the cars I have owned. My pontiac Grand prix used to get so hot in that area (I think from transmission or exhaust running below) that I would sometimes open the cup holder in that area to vent the warm air. I am guessing this is a normal situation for any car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My rear controls get warm also, I think it is the lights behind them that make them hot.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Completely normal. Same thing happens to your front radio / HVAC stack from the backlights.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I figured it was probably normal, but it good to know for sure. Just one of the things that makes this forum great!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
On our first road trip last summer, we noticed that the rear controls got almost too hot to touch, dealer "could not find a problem" with it. I figure they will fix it after it quits working.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My guess is that it will work for the long haul and is designed to get hot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts