GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that with the car running and the a/c on here in texas when I'm checking the tire pressure the right front wheel well has a ton of very hot engine exhaust blowing down onto the tire area.
I popped the hood to see if anything looked amiss, but it all looked good.
So it seems there is some sort of fan ducting the engine heat into the right tire area.
Anyone else check this out?
Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes, i don't know if this engine produces more heat then others but you notice it more and when you open the hood get ready for the blast of heat.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Normal operation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
bothfly said:
I've noticed that with the car running and the a/c on here in texas when I'm checking the tire pressure the right front wheel well has a ton of very hot engine exhaust blowing down onto the tire area.
I popped the hood to see if anything looked amiss, but it all looked good.
So it seems there is some sort of fan ducting the engine heat into the right tire area.
Anyone else check this out?
Thanks
i live in the dallas area and have not noticed this. i am anal about checking my tire pressure, not only by watching the dic but also with a digital gauge. whether driving in traffic in the city or hookin' them down the highway at 70+ and in 100 degree heat, i have not noticed a difference between the pressure in either of the front tires.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Something for everyone to remember, to acurately check and fill the air in your tires you need to do this when the vehicle is COLD. As you drive the vehicle the tires heat up which raises the pressure in the tires giving you a false reading if you check the tire pressure after you have driven the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The engine does get hot under the hood. This is normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts