GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am a little mad!! :angryfire: More than a little. I was NOT happy with my service from Verizon last year. I wanted to use my "free phone" for my son's Christmas present. They wouldn't let me because that credit wasn't available until January. One month!! I let it go and vowed to switch plans until I started looking at the Acadia.

To make a long story short, I spent two hours in Verizon buying new phones, getting phone numbers and picking out a Family Plan that covered the needs of my family. (teenage son LOVES to text) I told them I was adding my car to the plan. They said nothing.

Called OnStar to put the car on the plan. They transferred me to Verizon. The Acadia CAN'T BE PUT ON THAT "FAMILY PLAN". What the... She said I would have to switch to the traditional one and pay extra for my son's texting ability. I just signed a two year contract so the Acadia could have a phone and that is the ONLY reason.

Needless to say, I am paying more for minutes from OnStar right now while I figure out who I need to call at Verizon. They should pay me for the hours I have had to deal with them!! :deadhorse:

Any ideas?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Interesting.

Our Nextel contract expires next month & we were thinking of going with Verizon just for the fact we thought we could add the Acadia to a family plan.

Please let us know what you find out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You can add it to a family plan. Just press the Onstar button and talk to the Rep and they will do it for you.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I chose a family plan. I have three phones on it. It wasn't the RIGHT family plan!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm confused. Are you saying that Verizon will not let you switch to the family plan that allows use with OnStar? Or, are you saying that you can switch to the correct plan and that they will charge you an additional amount for texting? If it is the latter, how much more would that plan end up costing you?

·
Registered
218 Posts
The OnStar Verizon America's Choice plan is a different family plan that he has currently. The pricing and options(Text mess) are different.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, but surely Verizon will switch them to the new plan. I'm curious how much more it will cost for them to switch AND add texting.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That is a good question, even I cannot answer that. :sosad:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They told me it would cost another month to my contract and will end up being around $20 more a month not including the extra line. It was a brand new family plan when I signed up. I actually did it on Sunday and it wasn't even being offered until Mon. The thing that makes me mad is that they KNEW I was adding the Acadia for OnStar!

·
Registered
125 Posts
mckcab said:
They told me it would cost another month to my contract and will end up being around $20 more a month not including the extra line. It was a brand new family plan when I signed up. I actually did it on Sunday and it wasn't even being offered until Mon. The thing that makes me mad is that they KNEW I was adding the Acadia for OnStar!
Sorry, I'm still confused.

What is the name of the plan you have now? How many phones are on it? And they all have texting? How much is this plan per month?

What is the price of the plan required by OnStar for the same number of phones? And is this where you add $20 per month for texting?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK- I just spent an hour on the phone with Verizon.

I signed up for the America's Choice Family Plan II. It costs $149.00 for three lines and unlimited text messaging for all three lines.

I NOW have the Americe's Choice Family Plan. It is costing me $139.00 but no one but my son has text messaging and he's limited to 1500 messages. So now I can add the car and it will cost the same as the other plan, but no one else can text and I pray the teenager won't go over. (I didn't realize that if some one texts him, that comes out of his messages.) If I wanted a comparable plan it would cost another $30 which makes it $20 more a month.

You think YOU'RE confused? This was a mess!! Verizon should change the name of the second plan. I was going crazy with OnStar because I thought I had America's Choice, I just didn't know it was 2.

·
Registered
125 Posts
OK, now I understand. I agree with you about hoping your son stays under 1500 messages.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You should probably keep a close eye on the text message count. I know of two teenagers who have been over 6,000 messages each in one month.

·
Registered
151 Posts
HuckD said:
You should probably keep a close eye on the text message count. I know of two teenagers who have been over 6,000 messages each in one month.
Thats like 200 message a day... amazing!!!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
OMG! One time I had like 14 txt messages in a month and couldn't believe it! 1500?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Each message he gets counts, and what kills me is that they are usually one or two words. If we have a long drive, he talks to three or four people at a time and that adds up quickly. No, he is not the teen in the room texting away, but he has some "girlfriends" that just text to say "hi". His guy friends call unless it's some stupid gossip that can't be oveheard. I don't care, I have access to the phone so I know what is going on.

It's rough being popular with the the ladies!! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
It's just the generational thing I guess. I mean, I work on a PC all day and probably send and receive a thousand IMs everyday. I guess text msgs on cellphones are simply teenagers' version of Instant Messages ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
admin said:
It's just the generational thing I guess. I mean, I work on a PC all day and probably send and receive a thousand IMs everyday. I guess text msgs on cellphones are simply teenagers' version of Instant Messages ;)
Thats a good point. Just another reason why this guy is the admin!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts