GMC Acadia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
mikemu said:
How about HVAC controls on the steering wheel. My Mountaineer had that and it was the only thing I liked about that car.
They had this on my 2002 GMC Envoy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
admin said:
INTEGRATED RUNNING BOARDS

I'd like to see running boards that sit flush up to the body and feature an integrated look, much like those available for the Buick Enclave. I'm really interested in getting running boards so my daughter can step into the Acadia without assistance, but don't care for the GMC OEM "chrome tube" ones available.
check out the ones at 'runningboard ' warehouse. I put them on '07 for 3 years.. now have '11 Denali..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Engine computer programer... I think some us would like more performance with better gas milage; and don't ind paying for premium gas to achieve this. Tuners, are you listening???

·
Premium Member
14,871 Posts
09elphant said:
Engine computer programer... I think some us would like more performance with better gas milage; and don't ind paying for premium gas to achieve this. Tuners, are you listening???
Some might say this is a warranty violation; I'm just sayin :yikes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think your right... However there was a law passed that limited manufacturers from arbitrarily denying a warranty claim because of something unrelated that the consumer installed as an aftermarket part... But can you imagine how expensive it would be to fight that.?...

·
Registered
10 Posts
09elphant said:
anyone tried efi live on an acadia? there are quite a few who write tunes for the duramax. my 04 duramax put down 498hp at the rear wheels this summer with some intake/exhaust mods, a built trans and efi live tuning. i have used the scan tool on our 06 pontiac torrent but i don't know enough about tuning to try writing my own tunes...

·
Registered
33 Posts
yenomteg said:
Lowering springs, coilovers, and air bag suspension.

A large selection of rims

Cold air intake system

Computer chip-the 3.6L V6 is a little sluggish

I second that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fragsrus said:
I know this is an odd request, but I also know I'm not the only one... how about a small lift for the Acadia? 2-4" nothing huge, just enough to put on some slightly beefier tires.
I second this!
I would like to get the Duratrac on my 19" RIMs but have to step down to the 18 or 17. Wheel wells are to small. But lifting the unit will fix this problem and it would like that much better IMM. :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Power inverter kit that would fit where the factory one would be. I installed my own but fit and finish isnt what I would like for my Denali...Looks like something that comes in an Explorer..lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the 2018's and newer (like my 2019 SLE), how about a kit that would add a GPS display to my infotainment center? You need the Denali package or a phone linked in (for Google or Waze) to display a map or use OnStar. I probably would have purchased the Denali if I had know about this short coming.

Maybe Garmin could come up with a unit that would simulate a plugged in phone but could display a map on the infotainment screen. Or does anyone know how to install the Denali Nav. on a standard Arcadia with infotainment?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
... You need the Denali package or a phone linked in (for Google or Waze) to display a map or use OnStar. ...
It's fairly apparent you didn't ask the sales rep about lower trim levels with an option package which included NAV. You don't need to purchase a Denali just to have it. Talk with a GM dealer about a possible upgrade. Doubtful if any aftermarket units are available for your Acadia.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
For the 2018's and newer (like my 2019 SLE), how about a kit that would add a GPS display to my infotainment center? You need the Denali package or a phone linked in (for Google or Waze) to display a map or use OnStar. I probably would have purchased the Denali if I had know about this short coming.

Maybe Garmin could come up with a unit that would simulate a plugged in phone but could display a map on the infotainment screen. Or does anyone know how to install the Denali Nav. on a standard Arcadia with infotainment?
I wouldn't call it a shortcoming. That's sorta like saying opting for the 4 cylinder is a shortcoming. It's an option.
Just plug your cell phone in, easy solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I second this!
I would like to get the Duratrac on my 19" RIMs but have to step down to the 18 or 17. Wheel wells are to small. But lifting the unit will fix this problem and it would like that much better IMM. :cheers:
I can third this statement, i have been taking my Acadia off road lately and as far as handling goes, it does as well as me friend's Jeep Rubicon 4x4 (Learned that from experience) But the thing that bothers me most is the fact the i don't have enough clearance, plus i figure getting a lift kit from GMC (Between 1 and 5 inch lift kits) itself would be better than buying a universal Lift kit for all vehicles.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I can third this statement, i have been taking my Acadia off road lately and as far as handling goes, it does as well as me friend's Jeep Rubicon 4x4 (Learned that from experience) But the thing that bothers me most is the fact the i don't have enough clearance, plus i figure getting a lift kit from GMC (Between 1 and 5 inch lift kits) itself would be better than buying a universal Lift kit for all vehicles.
If you need a 5" lift on an Acadia, you probably bought the wrong vehicle.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts