GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I initially wanted a Tahoe, but as soon as I tried out the Acadia, I fell in love. The only thing the Tahoe had that I couldn't get in the Acadia is 2nd Row heated seats. It's not that big of a deal for me as mine is garage kept, but sometimes those leather seats can get cold for the kids!
So, it's be nice to have that as an option.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just thought of another good one. If we can't get enough selection of wheels in our bolt pattern, how about some billet hub adapters to change the bolt pattern to a more common 6x139.7 or 6x135?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd like to see some sort of performance options. 275 HP is a little weak for a 4500lb car.
A K&N cold air intake(CAI) would be a start. A cat back exhaust would be a common aftermarket part. A computer tuner or "chip" would probably do the most good.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I second the bluetooth kit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Some nice integrated side steps... similar to the Buick ones...

Front end leveling kit... IE machined strut spacers to raise the front end 1.5-2" Might be able to fit a slightly larger more agressive tire.. might need wheel spacers.

Cold air intake.

Cat Back exhaust.

Performance controller.. Since the dealer can change the shift points in the trans.. how about a controller that would boost performance and be able to optimize the shift points at the same time.

Grill replacements that don't look as cheesy as some of these "overlays"... IE no emblem.. or at least no more 1" of chrome outlining the emblem.

Floor mat that covers the whole 2nd and 3rd row w/ a single mat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. I've called around, noone makes a exhaust kit for the Acadia. I read the other post, and it looks good, but a whole kit made specially for it would be GREAT!

I have requests in with SLP, borla, Flowmaster, Dynomax.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What about custom fit door guards. The 2nd row doors are long and easily come in contact with cars nearby in close parking spaces. I found plenty of stick on rubber or plastic ones. But custom fit for the acadia would be best.

I also vote for better integrated running boards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a newbie but thought I would put my two cents in on this topic. I have Captain's seats in the second row and the floor mats on the floor expose most of the track for the seats to be pushed forward. I think the car looks only partially finished because of that. Having the option of installing a console made for the Acadia would also add to the attractiveness of the car. I did research getting a console and read that plans were discussed when the 2007 Acadia's first came out, repeated for the 2008 and still have never been made. I test drove the Acadia in our area and then leased one (for significantly less that the dealership quoted) on the opposite side of Florida. I was mildly disappointed when the car was delivered but by then it was too late. At first I thought that I had neglected to order all the bells and whistles that I wanted. I later learned that I got all the goods that were available. It's a shame that we are unable to correct the cosmetic imperfections. Did no one at GMC notice the floor or the gaping hole between the seats?

·
Registered
487 Posts
The gaping hole between the seats is so you can access the back without having to slide the seats. We actually ordered buckets so it was easy to access the 3rd row with carseats in the 2nd. So I don't think this was overlooked. As far as the tracks not being covered, my sister has an Honda minivan and it's tracks are covered but the covers are already tearing and the look like crap because where the seats usually sit the covers are folded up and just get in the way when getting in and out of the vehicle. I also believe they originally had covers on the Acadia but before production removed them. I like the tracks not covered because it enables me to easily clean them when something gets in them.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ewetwin said:
I am a newbie but thought I would put my two cents in on this topic. I have Captain's seats in the second row and the floor mats on the floor expose most of the track for the seats to be pushed forward. I think the car looks only partially finished because of that. Having the option of installing a console made for the Acadia would also add to the attractiveness of the car. I did research getting a console and read that plans were discussed when the 2007 Acadia's first came out, repeated for the 2008 and still have never been made. I test drove the Acadia in our area and then leased one (for significantly less that the dealership quoted) on the opposite side of Florida. I was mildly disappointed when the car was delivered but by then it was too late. At first I thought that I had neglected to order all the bells and whistles that I wanted. I later learned that I got all the goods that were available. It's a shame that we are unable to correct the cosmetic imperfections. Did no one at GMC notice the floor or the gaping hole between the seats?
Get a pair of all weather mats, the huskys fill in that area nicely.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My wish list:

1. Light in the glove box.

2. Better lighting in the compartment behind the third row seats .

3. More information options for the Head Up display.

4. Color display options for Head Up display.

5. Sensors for the front bumper (the same system that is in rear bumper).

2. Front view camera at bumper height (driver activated).

3. "Blind spot" mirrors integrated into the side mirrors.

4. Forward looking infrared (FLIR) video system integrated into the Head Up display. This system (available in some high end luxury cars) can detect animals and people up to ~1 km ahead at night and in poor lighting conditions.

Check it Out:
http://www.flir.com/cvs/eurasia/en/content/?id=4950

http://www.rhpstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=65&products_id=144

8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lowering springs, coilovers, and air bag suspension.

A large selection of rims

Cold air intake system

Computer chip-the 3.6L V6 is a little sluggish

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 2009 Acadia SLT came with the option of second row console --kids love it!! There is a website I also found with running boards that look great , thinking on getting myself about 320.00. The website is runningboardwarehouse.com. The boards blend in with the black lower trim of the doors(looks good)

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
How about HVAC controls on the steering wheel. My Mountaineer had that and it was the only thing I liked about that car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keypad on drivers door to unlock the doors.
Rear glass that opens separately from the tailgate.
Tie downs in the cargo area.
Tie downs on the roof rack rails in between the crossbars.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts