GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I want to start an Acadia Accessory Wish List here so that vendors who make such things have a good idea of what aftermarket accessories we are wanting. Let's try to keep the general chat to a minimum in this thread and devote most of the posts to listing (and describing, if necessary) the upgrades and accessories we'd like to see made for the Acadia. It can be anything you want - something completely new, or just a better/different version of something already out there. To make each accessory request obvious, please put it on the first line by itself. I'll start...

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
INTEGRATED RUNNING BOARDS

I'd like to see running boards that sit flush up to the body and feature an integrated look, much like those available for the Buick Enclave. I'm really interested in getting running boards so my daughter can step into the Acadia without assistance, but don't care for the GMC OEM "chrome tube" ones available.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree! We actually ordered ours with the running boards, and then had them REMOVED and our money refunded because they looked horrible! Totally chrome and *ghetto* looking, my husband said. It was just too much. I would way be up for some matte black ones, or custom colored integrated running boards.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Custom color taillight covers

Well since I have a red jewel it would be nice if someone made a taillight just like the stock one, but with a red lens instead of a clear one. I have thought about covering it with a translucent red vinyl, but I’m afraid it would look cheap. I just think it would look cleaner if the back end was more color matched.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bluetooth Kit

Integrate this into the mic/speakers in the vehicle. Easy to install and setup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tail lights with amber turn signals. I can't believe they couldn't afford separate wires and lights for brake and turn! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ipod integration module

If they start designing now, they might beat GM to getting one out. :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
RIMS!!! RIMS!!! RIMS!!!! LOT OF RIMS!!! ;D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Off-road stuff.

1. Skid plates

2. Bush / bull bars.

·
Registered
234 Posts
K&N Cold Air Intake System - That would be a nice to have.

·
Registered
683 Posts
SioXie said:
RIMS!!! RIMS!!! RIMS!!!! LOT OF RIMS!!! ;D
I second this...20's and up need only apply! Oh and get us some more tire selections for 20" and 22" while your at it... :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
2nd row console to fill the gap between the bucket seats, since GM hasn't been able to delivery the factory option.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tomahawk said:
Custom color taillight covers

Well since I have a red jewel it would be nice if someone made a taillight just like the stock one, but with a red lens instead of a clear one. I have thought about covering it with a translucent red vinyl, but I’m afraid it would look cheap. I just think it would look cleaner if the back end was more color matched.

Your backup light would be red then.

·
Registered
683 Posts
edbianc said:
2nd row console to fill the gap between the bucket seats, since GM hasn't been able to delivery the factory option.
Wonder if the Enclave one would work? That was a done deal right?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Side view mirrors that are 20% larger that would be a straight swap with the OEM side mirrors...integrated with convex mirrors for added measure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
imgntht said:
edbianc said:
As far as I know none of the GM crossovers are being supplied with the 2nd console at this point.

·
Registered
683 Posts
edbianc said:
imgntht said:
edbianc said:
As far as I know none of the GM crossovers are being supplied with the 2nd console at this point.
Oops, you're right...sounds like GM engineering problems. Oh well, keep it on the list then.

·
Registered
234 Posts
2nd row console...urban legend. I found (2) Acadias in local dealer inventory that show build sheets with the 2nd row console! I am doing the dealership rounds this coming Monday and will check with my own eyes and provide an update.

·
Registered
812 Posts
SEL said:
2nd row console...urban legend. I found (2) Acadias in local dealer inventory that show build sheets with the 2nd row console! I am doing the dealership rounds this coming Monday and will check with my own eyes and provide an update.
dont forget to take pics.... if you can! ;D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an odd request, but I also know I'm not the only one... how about a small lift for the Acadia? 2-4" nothing huge, just enough to put on some slightly beefier tires.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts