GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
The other morning I had to move my wifes car. Under light load/accel. I noticed a surge, not a minor one, but a repeated (almost a miss)[/color] kind of surge. So anyways, i atribute it to being cold but does our cars have electronic controlled throttle. Maybe that has something to do with it. I could pull off the upper plentum and check, but its under warrenty, so im not touching it until i have to. Anybody else ever feel that surge? 1st gear under 5 mph. Really not big deal, i just spent a lot of money for an 2008 hoping to have the bugs worked out. Sweet ride for sure!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This has not happened to me. How cold was it??

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
I feel the same thing if I am in L and shifted to 1. Any slight movement of my foot and the Acadia is like a bucking bronco! I attribute it to the "fly by wire" throttle system. It goes away if I shift up to any other gear and start out from there. It never happens if I start out shifted into "D."

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was problably 20 above outside. I thought it may have something to do with "fly by wire" system too. I may have been in low at the time, not sure. Throttle is was more sensitive nowadays. I do wish it was mine and not my wifes, I would rather drive it than my oversized dodge ram. Has anyone tried any cold are intakes or anything for these?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm experience this a couple of times now within the last couple of weeks... It does seem to happens when it is colder outside... I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this... It did not happen this morning, maybe because I had it running and warmed up while I was outside clearing the ice on the windows...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts