GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips on getting into those really tight spots like between the seats? Is there a vacuum that has a good attachment for that? I have a mini vac and a regular vacuum. Neither can reach into the small spaces. It drives me nuts.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Use a detailing brush to loosen those hard to reach areas or even better, if you have an air compressor use this to blow out the air while simultaneously vacuuming any debris (ol' detailing trick).

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SEL said:
Use a detailing brush to loosen those hard to reach areas or even better, if you have an air compressor use this to blow out the air while simultaneously vacuuming any debris (ol' detailing trick).

I hope this helps.
^^^^^That is great advice^^^^ and works well. If you have or can get one, a crevice attachment works well also.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
SEL said:
if you have an air compressor use this to blow out the air while simultaneously vacuuming any debris (ol' detailing trick).
If you don't have an air compressor, you can pick up an aerosol can of air that they sell for cleaning computer keyboards. Similar to these, costco best bang for your buck.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/344727/AirDr-Turbo-Brush/

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=10051&productId=199763&cmArea=SEARCH

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=10051&productId=145193&cmArea=SEARCH

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am waiting on my Acadia with the Light Titanium interior. The only concern with the color is I am worried that it will get dirty too easy. Not sure what the carpet is made of. But it seems to have "0" nap. Has anyone had any issues?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Even the black carpet is hard to keep clean. Shows dirt, dust, rocks and grass. Hairs get trapped in the carpet and are hard to vac up. I've tried lint rollers but they don't work either. My solution was rubber mats.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
stevemel said:
Even the black carpet is hard to keep clean. Shows dirt, dust, rocks and grass. Hairs get trapped in the carpet and are hard to vac up. I've tried lint rollers but they don't work either. My solution was rubber mats.
If you have an upright vacuum with one of those small roller attachments for furniture, that takes pet hair right out of the carpet in the Acadia. It’s the only thing I’ve found that works. It doesn’t get it 100%, but it’s definitely better than nothing!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the titanium interior. Bought a small shop vac at Lowes that came with all the detailing attachments. But good mats are definitely the way to go. We have a golden retriever that gets covered in mud at the dog park and sheds like crazy. The GMC cargo mat with a blanket on top has worked out perfect as I can remove the blanket and wash it and dog hairs/smell stays under control. The mat is extra protection keeping the carpet new. And of course kids tracking mud too. It's Oregon, wet and muddy. Ah but you can't beat the summers! ;D

Good mats, swipe of the shop vac once a month and the interior is still pristine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I am glad to hear that the Titanium was not the wrong way to go. I have ordered the mat in back as well. Sounds like I will be Ok if I keep on top of it. Not a problem :blob:

·
Registered
180 Posts
My lovely wife got me a Sears shop vac for Christmas that I've really enjoyed. It is small, but has 5 HP. The crevice tool is very narrow and gets in really tight spaces. I like the compressor advice too, thanks. Erik

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a small narrow crevis tool that adapts to my huge shop vac. I have done a small nozzle on a air hose to blow out debris... you need to wear safety googles when doing this!!! I lost one employee for a day at my detailing shop for not wearing his eye gear while doing this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts