GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the DVD Headphones in the house with your stereo or home theater system? If so, how?

I assume you would have to have another infrared headphone system in place, so you could use the GM headphones as an "additional" pair.

Anybody doing this?

I want to buy a system for my house, and I was hoping I could find one compatible with the GM headphones.

thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I never even gave it a thought. Inside, I use THX and the headphones would only be stereo. Let us know if you find anything that would work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Success!!

I bought the Radio Shack branded Infrared wireless headphone system with 1 set of headphones. They are on sale right now for $29.99 BTW.

I brought in my Outlook headphones, hit the red button, and Voila! I can now use both my Outlook headphones in the house!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Do the radio shack brand work in the Acadia? If so which channel? They are much cheaper in price than the ones from GM.

On a side note check out this Koss Headphone page - they mention that "The Koss HB75 stereophone is offered with selected Chrysler (DCX-HB75) and GM automobiles that operate on Infrared Wireless Technology."

http://koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc%5Ewl%5EHB75

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
stiffi, I think I asked this on the outlook forum, but how did those radio shack ir headphones work? Do they do a decent job of playing the TV signal? I'm wanting to get something like that to listen to TV in bed at night without disturbing my wife. Are they worth the money? I'm also curious to hear if the radio shack version works in the vehicle. If they work one way, I would imagine they do though.

·
Registered
812 Posts
great find!!! can you post a pics of the one from RadioShack and from GM....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts