GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to keep the number that Onstar gave me, and have it transfered to my Verizon Family Plan account. I haven't had the number long, but it's very unique and I'd like to keep it. The Verizon rep told me she would request that it stays, but felt it would probably change.

What is the experience of those who have used the Verizon plan - does the number have to change? I thought we were allowed to keep numbers across carriers these days.

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
218 Posts
You not get to keep the phone number another number will be assigned when you sign up with America's Choice.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
They will not let you keep it.

Onstar provides the service of the handsfree phone, but the network you will use will be Verizon. They assign you the number. The OnStar number is not like a normal cell # that you can port over to another phone.

This all can be done from the drivers seat of the Acadia once you sign up for the Family plan from Verizon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your replies. I thought once I had a phone number I had the right to keep it, but the Onstar assigned ones must be different. I already have the verizon family plan, so one more would max me out at 5. Don't I get a huge discount for that? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts