GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, seems like this probably is already covered somewhere, but I haven't found it...

I do not own an Acadia yet, but seriously looking at them. I'm wondering about the DVD Navigation system. Is that system operational, separately from OnStar? In other words, can you use the DVD Navigation system w/o having to pay some monthly subscription fee?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yes - the NAV is seperate from Onstar - even the Onstar turn by turn direction do not use the NAV system. The Onstar Turn By Turn is free for one year so take advantage of it try them both then just do not re-up Onstar when it expires. By not getting Onstar activated will not effect the purchase price of the vehicle - so take it free for a year :thumb:

·
Registered
730 Posts
You can still take ONSTAR after it expires..not for the purpose of navigation. This will enable you to benefit from features like remote door unlock, hands-free calling, emergency services..etc..etc. I think this is covered in the Safe and Sound Plan. The Directions and Connections Plan is what comes free for one year.

·
Registered
681 Posts
kram is right you do not have to get the Directions and Connection Package after the free year expires, you can get just the Safe and Sound - the free one year has both the Safe and Sound and the additional Directions and Connections included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts