GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought our 2008 Acadia and will be moving to Hungary in June. Does anyone know if the fuel they use in Europe will cause any problems since the minimum octane rating in European countries is 95. Have already sent an email to Shell to see what they will say, just wondering if anyone here might have any experience. Also, I did read the owners manual and it only talks about not using leaded or fuel with MMT. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

·
Registered
912 Posts
jbc17load said:
We just bought our 2008 Acadia and will be moving to Hungary in June. Does anyone know if the fuel they use in Europe will cause any problems since the minimum octane rating in European countries is 95. Have already sent an email to Shell to see what they will say, just wondering if anyone here might have any experience. Also, I did read the owners manual and it only talks about not using leaded or fuel with MMT. Thanks in advance for any and all information.
No idea my guess is it won't make a difference but who knows really. Why the move to Hungary if you don't mind me asking???

·
Registered
912 Posts
jbc17load said:
Ah yes a military man gotta love the relocation program atleast shipping things around is cheap. I couldn't handle the change of location as often as it seems to happen just station me in one place and leave me alone LOL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is only the 3rd move in 16 years, and it was by choice. The opportunity to see Europe has our family really excited. As for shipping the vehicle we don't pay for it the AF/tax payers do. A nice benefit to have when you think of the cost of shipping large items so far away. Did a little research on the fuel and it seems the actual octane rating is 91. It doesn't look like they use MMT either.

·
Registered
912 Posts
jbc17load said:
This is only the 3rd move in 16 years, and it was by choice. The opportunity to see Europe has our family really excited. As for shipping the vehicle we don't pay for it the AF/tax payers do. A nice benefit to have when you think of the cost of shipping large items so far away. Did a little research on the fuel and it seems the actual octane rating is 91. It doesn't look like they use MMT either.
That is awesome hope you enjoy Hungary I bet your family will have a blast over there.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The military does well with relocations from what I have seen. I have a niece that is going to Asia & bought a new car here in FL and they are shipping it right away. My dad (WW2 vet) was surprised at how efficient the transport setup was and how the purchase was worked out via the military discount.

Of course, if you have a spare C-17 laying around, I suppose you could load up a few Acadias- may want to throw in some gas @ the lower price as well! Just label the drums mouthwash & claim you have a really bad case of Halitosis & you have a doctor's note. Should fly...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts