GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else had the issue of leaving tailgate up, playing rear audio controls, and battery being dead in an hour (yes the automatic shut off turns radio off eventually but not enough juice left to start car).
Does not seem to make much sense to have the rear controls and not be able to use them :confused:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went to the drive-in theater and had the same problem. This was before I had the work done for a known battery problem. In addition, more than likely it was not audio, but the interior lights that drained the battery. My first experience was that I could not find the switch to turn off the lights. So, I had to mess with the latch on the tailgate to get it into position like it was closed. I then went to the dealer and found the switch to disable the lights manually.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long can you use the back audio controls with the interior lights disabled?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't tried to kill the battery again, since my first experience, so I can't help you with the length of time. The thing that suprised me was that it's supposed to have some type of battery run-down protection so you are still able to start the vehicle. Well on my first experience, I needed to use a set of jumper cables to get it running.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same situation as me, the electronic set point for the cut off to save enough electrical power is not set right. They need to "flash" that as well. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts