GMC Acadia Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
so youre saying you have AUDIO books on CD, and want to play them in your new 2018.... which does not come with CD/DVD player.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
How can I play my beloved audio books on my new 2018 GMC Acadia? My pervious 2911 Acadia had a CD Player, I have several audio books I have already purchased and want to use them on long trips.

Marilyn
Easiest way is to prick up an inexpensive cd player and run a cable from the headphone jack on the player to the jack in the Acadia's cubby under the radio.

·
Super Moderator
23,741 Posts
How can I play my beloved audio books on my new 2018 GMC Acadia? My pervious 2911 Acadia had a CD Player, I have several audio books I have already purchased and want to use them on long trips.

Marilyn
Copy the books from CD to memory stick (thumb drive) and play them through the USB port.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had any luck using any 64GB USB drive/flash disk?

I have a SanDisk CruzerGlide 64GB (USB 2.0) (have to note it worked initially, but was slow at song transition and studdered for the first 5 seconds of each song) [tried formatting to NTFS and exFat file systems] and a Team Group X101 64GB (USB 3.0) [Fat32 file system] drive and neither of them work. I get a "Device Load File" error from the screen on the stereo when inserting the drives.

If not for a 64GB drive, how about a successful 32 GB drive?

Would anyone be able to comment if a microSD card would work with a Micro Memory Card Reader USB drive?

I know the port does work well as a simple no-name (SMI?) 2GB drive plays nicely and seamlessly through songs and transitions.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
I used a SandDisk 16 GB and it worked great on my 2017 Acadia Denali. (I only have one song on it) The other flash drives I have do not work.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts