GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've recently purchased a 2016 Acadia Denali and as soon as you start it up, an error on the touch screen pops up saying, "USB Error: Please check USB device". It literally pops up every 3-5 seconds which is beyond annoying especially if your trying to hit something something on the touch screen. We have tried researching it and cant seem to find anything that works. We read to take the battery cable off and let it set for a few minutes then its suppose to reset, but it didn't fix it. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this beyond frustrating deal?

USB Error.jpg

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Try the 'fix' in reply #7 of this thread in the Traverse forum: USB error. Let us know how it works out for you. There could be other recommendations if you search the 'net using the error message as keywords.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the 'fix' in reply #7 of this thread in the Traverse forum: USB error. Let us know how it works out for you. There could be other recommendations if you search the 'net using the error message as keywords.
I appreciate the tip, but unfortunately it didn't work 🙁

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
How often do you use the USB port? If you don't use it very much at all, insert a USB cable or memory stick into the port several times. That may clean the contacts and remove any stubborn dirt. Use the compressed air afterward to blow out any dirt which may have loosened.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
We just bought it Thursday, so far none, but normally in my other vehicles out of habit right when I get in I plug it in to charge my phone.
If you don't use it very much at all, insert a USB cable or memory stick into the port several times. That may clean the contacts and remove any stubborn dirt. Use the compressed air afterward to blow out any dirt which may have loosened.
Gave you an option to try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts