GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Acadia 2/5. I upgraded to the 19" wheels, but GMC isn't allowing chrome wheels to be ordered from the factory (presently the Enclave has them as an option, so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time).

GMC does have a couple of ADI (Aftermarket Dealer Inventory??) options available. I'd like to upgrade to the RV022 (19 inch wheel chrome) - these are the wheels I saw in several pre-production photos I found around the web. I mentioned this to my dealer at the time I ordered. They said they would swap out the wheels and I'd only have to pay any difference in cost.

1) Does anyone know the cost? (The dealer didn't, and the parts shop was closed.) I didn't find these wheels at any of the GM Parts sites found in this forum.
2) I'm also wondering if it's a good idea to swap brand new tires and put them on different wheels (will it affect the life/quality of the tire)?

Thanks for any input! I have pictures of the wheels from the GM Dealerworld Online Order / Reference Guide, but couldn't figure out how to paste them into this post. The link is below - it's a great resource. I knew more about Acadia options than the dealer:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2007&regionID=1&divisionID=2

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was told by my dealer that the chrome wheels are $650 a piece or $2600 total. That does not include a credit or any labor to make the change. I opted for the standard 19" upgrade.

I'm not a mechanic or tire dealer but I don't see any reason that switching the tires out would cause any problems. As long as they are mounted correctly and balanced you shouldn't have any problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts