GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new in box Acadia Nav unit and have a question regarding the voice recognition feature. I have the rse package btw. Will the voice recognition feature work after I replace the old stock with the new oem nav. I have seen some people have had to run a wire(s) from the nav unit to some sort of module, not sure what and where the module is though. Also regarding the back up camera, I looked where the tire jack is and I have the small silver (chrome) module there, is this where the wiring (plug) goes to for the camera? After pouring through many of the posts here I'm a little confused about the chrome module in the tire jack compartment. Any help would be appreciated. Probably will tackle the install next weekend and the camera in the future. I know that the dealer might have to "reprogram" the vehicle for the nav but do they have to do anything else regarding the backup camera, (flash the nav unit)? Just want to get some questions answered before I tackle this.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Send a PM to Schram- he installed one in his 2008 SLE. As I recall, the wire has something to do with the XM. Also, the camera install member was mmal4. Between the two of them, they should be able to get you going.

You're definitely going to need a reprogram for the system since these radios are VIN dependent. I'd wait until all work was done to have this done.

I'm also figuring you read this thread in the Outlook forum which is linked in our sticky here:
http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=294.0

·
Registered
154 Posts
mjerzy said:
Will the voice recognition feature work after I replace the old stock with the new oem nav. I have seen some people have had to run a wire(s) from the nav unit to some sort of module,

Also regarding the back up camera, I looked where the tire jack is and I have the small silver (chrome) module there, is this where the wiring (plug) goes to for the camera?
Voice Recognition - the 'wire' goes to the OnStar box. The 'wire' is a shielded twisted pair. The 'wire' provides the microphone input to the Nav Radio.

Backup Camera. Do you have a backup camera now? If I remember correctly, in the 2008 you could only get the backup camera if you also have the Nav Radio. The 2008 didn't have the option of the backup video in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Easiest way to install backup camera to the OEM nav on a 2008 is to use the Coastaletech GMX lockpick. That's what I did and it works fine. I have a thread on here somewhere about my install but I'm too lazy to search for it now.

I also used a harness kit from jpcustoms.com to connect the voice recognition wires to the Onstar box, but unfortunately it looks like they went out of business so you won't be able to get one from them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the nav unit installed just fine, need to get dealer to reprogram though, chimes are LOUD! Now I need to do some thread reading about the OEM backup camera and voice recognition. Now if I would have just checked the original radio to see if there was a CD in there before I removed it, might have to replace my daughters Taylor Swift CD, doh! :banghead:

·
Registered
47 Posts
looking to add Nav to my 2009 acadia , any leads on where I can get one cheap? The part number I was told I need based off my VIN was 19211786. I believe that is the whole kit(Nav disc,antenna and system) Any direction on individual part numbers or what I should be asking or shopping for would be helpful.

Can you tell I am a NEWBIE---- Not only to the forum but to the GMC world (to many different scenarios vs the import guys)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum... have you read the sticky here? (referenced in reply #1 above):
Adding nav radio

If you use the search function or even just look over the first couple of pages of thread titles in the AV/nav section, you can gain a lot of information, since this is a popular topic. I have listed by part # as many radios as I had data for in another sticky at the top of the AV/nav section page so as to make this information as accessible as possible.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts