GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Acadia SLT-although it looks nice with the lower profile tires/rims, I am looking to upgrade. One, the ride is a bit rough, while secondly-I live in Ohio and I feel the tread depth is not conducive to the variations in weather. Just my opinion, but 4 wheel drive isn't much use on nearly smooth tires...am I right? Not necessarily looking for knobby tires, although it would look sweet lol-Has anyone converted?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Maybe try Goodyear WeatherReady tires. That is one of my pics when I need tires. Good All Season performance and even in light to moderate snow say owners of them.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If you're going to upgrade rims, I would keep the old ones and put snow tires on them for winter. That gets you a winter compound which stays more pliable in cold temperatures.

Reactions: Jessy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe try Goodyear WeatherReady tires. That is one of my pics when I need tires. Good All Season performance and even in light to moderate snow say owners of them.
That is what they (local GMC Service) recommend, without changing the rims! Thank you (twice)!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ugh, Goodyear tires. Good luck. Every set I've ever had has underperformed expectations and/or not lasted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I managed to score a set of rims and snow tires for my '19 Denali. Almost like new. Came off a 2012 Cadillac SRX. 18 in Toyo Observe G3. 235/65r18.
Work great here in Central Ontario.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're going to upgrade rims, I would keep the old ones and put snow tires on them for winter. That gets you a winter compound which stays more pliable in cold temperatures.
Thanks for the insight! Good idea
I managed to score a set of rims and snow tires for my '19 Denali. Almost like new. Came off a 2012 Cadillac SRX. 18 in Toyo Observe G3. 235/65r18.
Work great here in Central Ontario.
Good for you! I’ll check out that option

1 - 7 of 7 Posts