GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded their factory radio (SLE base model) to a Double DIN navigation system (either Alpine or Pioneer) and experienced any problems? I'm considering removing the base CD stereo and swapping it. Also, I'll be installing a amp and single 10" sub in the front console.

Any info would be helpful.

Matt

·
Registered
395 Posts
I haven't replaced the radio but I have had it out. If you go to Crutchfield.com, you'll see that they don't recommend replacing it (and they sell new ones) because you'll lose warning chimes, onstar, turn by turn directions, and other features. I suspect that eventually someone will come out with a module for GMLAN to use with a replacement radio but right now it all seems too new and you give up too much. I bought replacement door speakers and I'm thinking of a compact powered sub which will fit under the seat but the radio stays for now anyway.

·
Registered
405 Posts
msmolka said:
Has anyone upgraded their factory radio (SLE base model) to a Double DIN navigation system (either Alpine or Pioneer) and experienced any problems? I'm considering removing the base CD stereo and swapping it. Also, I'll be installing a amp and single 10" sub in the front console.

Any info would be helpful.

Matt
some one here already did this with an SLT 1 here is the link to it on this site.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=838.0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts