GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2009 Acadia SLE-1 that I bought new in 2009. It is starting to have more problems with suspension issues and I was not spending anymore money fixing a 10 year old car with 122,000 miles on it. It was a pretty good and reliable car over the years and have no real complaints. I did all of the repairs to the car after the warranty expired and I became pretty familliar with the mechanics. I am not a mechanic, but I am pretty handy and can follow directions, so the repairs were not too bad. I replaced, AC hoses, water pump, ignition coils, struts, tie rod ends, CV axels, to name a few.

With all this being said, I just bought a used 2018 Acadia SLT-1. The car has 48,000 miles on it, but looks brand new. The only thing that wasn't working was the power lift gate, which the Hyundai delearship I bought it from is fixing. In fact, I guess they had problems fixing it, so they brought it to the GMC dealership to get fixed. They are replacing the door control module and an actuator motor.

The point of this post is to ask if there is anything I should watch out for on the 2018 Acadia? Any particular issue that is common with this model year?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post a pic when I get the car back. We had the Hyundai dealership we bought it from fix some, what we thought, were minor things; new windshield wipers, side mirror cover was loose, and the power lift gate didn't work. Well I'm glad I insisted they do the lift gate because its been over a week since I bought the car and still don't have it.

The timeline of the lift gate saga started with Hyundai saying the ordered the part (lift gate control module). Once they installed it, which took two days because the tech called in sick one day, they said they sent it to the GMC dealership to have the module programmed (which I was happy about). Its been at GMC for 3 days now. According to Hyundai, GMC programmed the module and the door still did not work properly, so they ordered a new actuator motor. Then today I'm told that they ordered the wrong part and the new one should be there tomorrow and they will have it done in the afternoon. So, after a week and a half, hopefully I will be able to take a picture of it tomorrow. I would love to know how much this issue cost to fix! I know it is probably WAY more than the dealership planned for or wanted to spend.

Do the lift gates in these models have issues? I have never heard of, or read about any common problems with the power lift gates, just wondering what the forum experts have to say.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Do the lift gates in these models have issues? I have never heard of, or read about any common problems with the power lift gates, just wondering what the forum experts have to say.
Chatter has been pretty quiet since recall of the early (Lambda) model liftgates.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hope they get that liftgate sorted out for you. That is a lot of miles to put on a 2018 wow. It wasn't a rental was it?
I was pretty current on all the issues with the 07 through 14 Acadia, and when we got a new, small Acadia, I was wondering the same thing. Basically I have not seen very many issues reported other than the shifter issue.
We just bought a 2017, and it only had 11,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
kenneyd
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing