GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I buy a new seat for my 2020 Acadia. It's manual but would like a power seat to move back, forth, up and down. Is this possible? Have not idea where to start!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You can probably get one from GMC for about $2000 (no actual idea, but it will not be cheap)
Or scour online junk yards.
I'm guessing the physical seat and wiring swap will be easy, but you may have BCM things to relearn?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Where can I buy a new seat for my 2020 Acadia. It's manual but would like a power seat to move back, forth, up and down. Is this possible? Have not idea where to start!
Thanks
Going to a power seat would require the proper wiring, fuses and controls. But further than that, the controls are a function of the BCM (electronics control) in the Acadia.
So the BCM would have to be dealer programmed more than likely.
As @Grantv said .. . can be done but pretty costly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Aren't extra relays for the power seats in the fuse box as well?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Aren't extra relays for the power seats in the fuse box as well?
Of course. . those also. And probably other related hardware.
Not doing it myself. . so I didn't make up a parts list for OP. . . . :cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Of course. . those also. And probably other related hardware.
Not doing it myself. . so I didn't make up a parts list for OP. . . . :cool:
Gotchya. Just want the OP to know it's not just a simple "buy a seat."

·
Super Moderator
21,782 Posts
... Have not idea where to start!
Start by looking for the electrical connectors under the seat. If you don't see them, consider dropping the thought about such a modification - at least until the B2B warranty has expired. Warranty won't cover any failure of the added parts, nor will it cover failures caused by the modification. Buy a vehicle which has the basic conveniences you want next time. They won't add much to the cost of the vehicle, plus the items will be covered by warranty if anything goes wrong with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks
Check the nearest junk yard for seat and wiring harness

1 - 8 of 8 Posts