GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
2016 Acadia Denali. We purchased this about a year and a half ago, and have loved it. The only thing my wife and I didn't love about it was the super chunky chrome wheels. We just felt it dated the car. So I started looking around for aftermarket wheels and quickly found that there were not a lot of options. The major tire companies I talked to told me the Acadia has a unique bolt pattern that isn't super common (thanks GM), coupled with this specific style of car isn't at the top of aftermarket companies lists to produce products for due to the demographic that traditionally purchases it. But with all of that said, I eventually was able to find a wheel I liked. They are Black Rhino Zion 6 gloss black wheels in a 20". Apparently they have been discontinued, and it took Discount Tire nearly two weeks to source them, and when I picked them up, the guy told me they were literally the last set in the country. Because they were discontinued and I was buying up the last stock that was sitting in someone's warehouse they cut me a deal on them at $240/wheel - $960 total vs the $360/wheel they were originally, so that was nice. Went with a Kuhmo Crugen tire with a 65k mile warranty in a 275/55/20 which is slightly wider than the original, which pushes the stance out a bit, but it looks more aggressive and gives a larger contact point. Overall, loving the new look!

I've now got the original chrome 20's that I'll be putting up for sale with some Bridgestone tires on them. Tire guy said the fronts were at about 45-50% tread, the rears about 60% tread. If anyone is interested, PM me. Obviously shipping would be spendy, but if your in the Portland, OR or neighboring area (I actually North of Vancouver, WA) maybe we can make something work.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm not a white vehicle guy, but that does look pretty nice. Definitely better than the chrome. Although nowadays I generally prefer simple aluminum, black chrome, or grey wheels.
The tires will clock you around 3% off on your speedo and miles (in theory it'll also be 3% less quick), but that's pretty minor. Any rubbing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! No rubbing, the tires def are wider and the offset pushes the wheels out a bit. They are right on the edge of the fenders. Gives it a more aggressive look. I haven’t tested the speedo against anything but diameter should be the same, so I wouldn’t imagine it’s off much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts