GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SLT2 with the bose and was wondering if anyone had a link or info about speader size and locaion..... :help:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: speakers location number and size?

Some info HERE about the location.
I do not have Bose so I do not know the following:
1. speaker size of the speaker underneath the dash compartment. (my guess: 6.5 inch)
2. subwoofer size underneath the gear shifter (my guess: 6-8 inch)
3. 3rd row speaker size. I only have a cover (not speaker grille) on the 3rd row but under the cover has a mounting location for a speaker between 3.5inch to 4inch.

I have replaced the front door speakers and pillar tweeters with a component system that measures 6.5 inch for the door, 1 inch dome tweeters for the pillar. The rear door speakers are 6.5 inch as well.

I hope this help you some.

·
Registered
49 Posts

I too have the bose system. I was wondering if you replaced the bose factory speakers with aftermarket ones would you get a better sound. I would keep everything stock except the speakers. I would even keep the bose factory amp. I am satisfied with the bose system in there now but just want a little improvement.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have had a few cars with nice factory systems, so I have learned a few things. First, even with a big name like bose or harmon karden, the auto makers bid the job out, and there is a budget, so Quality goes down with cheaper components used to get the bid. personally, I really like high quality sound, so I tend to go overboard. I am going to replace the speakers, sub, and amplifiers. I don't think just replacing the speakers will do much for the sound without refining the signal they receive. I am goig with JL Audio, and will use a cleansweep, and a peripheral pch-8 to clean the signal. that way I can still use the factory nav/ head unit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ok from scouring previous posts and looking at some photos, I have come up with some facts and some guesses.
Dashboard center......from the photo of an enclave, it looks like a 3". This is for the dolby 5.1. Number one pretty good guess
Front pillar.......tweeter, size uncertain. Number 2 and 3
Front door.......6.5 inch number 4 and 5 fact from other posters
Rear door .......6.5 " probably 2way spkr. number 6 and 7 fact from other posters installs
third row.........total guess...4". number 8 and 9 guess
Subwoofer under center console.......8-10 inch. not a good location for anything but shallow subs. No jl, morel, etc. number 10 fair guess....

Please weigh in if you have better facts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FRONT DASH 3 & 1/4" 4ohm 18watt
A-PILLAR TWEETER 1" 4 ohm component with
FRONT DOOR 6.5" 4 OHM 37 watt
REAR DOOR 6.5" 4 ohm 18 watt
woofer 5 & 1/4 1ohm 74 watt
REAR (THIRD ROW) 3 & 1/4 4ohm 25 watt
AMPLIFIER located drivers side footwell 230 watt 8 channel
this info came from bose customer service, so it should be accurate

·
Registered
10 Posts
The question is- Is the wiring in place to add all of the speaker, subwoofer, and amp components of you buy them out of a wreck? Does anyone know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts