GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question on unlocking the camera and dvd(mine isn't here yet as the dealer had to reorder the correct color). Back in my car audio/videp days, the in-dash dvd players looked for the parking brake signal(ground) to enable the video to play and rear veiw cameras used the reverse signal(+12v) to enable the camera signal. We would work around these by putting the parking brake wire right to ground and having a switch for the rear view camera on a +12v connection, so we can flip a switch to see the rear view. Has anyone tried these or is it all in the software of the nav unit?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't heard anyone try this. I've only read reports on using lockpick devices (I own the GMX-320 from Coastal Tech).

The Nav must recognize rear gear selection so you may be on to the camera-on source. My rear camera turns on once rear gear is selected - even if I haven't started to move.

I do know that video is "locked out" based on speed of the vehicle - not braking. Once you get your vehicle, you will see this when you start using the rear camera/DVD player. My rear camera stays on even after switching to drive. It turns off around 5mph.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts