GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm new to this forum. Great info, thanks! I have an 08 Carbon Black SLT-2 that I absolutely love. :thumb: But I find the driver's seat to be uncomfortable for longer drives. Is it just me? I find myself fidgeting and stretching but I still get cramps in my legs. Feels like my circulation is getting cut off. I've tried pillows, towels or other padding -- no help. The passenger seat is bad too -- but I think that's because it doesn't have the up/down adjustment, which is rinky dink. Feels like i'm going to slide forward onto the floor! My husband and son are tired of hearing me complain about this. :banghead: It's probably not fixable....but am I nuts?

·
Registered
158 Posts
teri8969 said:
....but am I nuts?
Well I would defer to your husband and son on that one... As for the seats, I don't have any problems on longer rides, and I don't think that my wife does either. I'm 6' 1" and she's 5' 3". How tall are you?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
NO complaints here, 10 hour trip, I am 5'11".

·
Registered
428 Posts
Im 5-11 as well and I have no complaints on the seats. I took the Acadia from Houston to Branson Missouri over the summer and didnt get uncomfortable in the drivers seat at all.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm 5'1" and I am fine driving. We went from Houston to Virginia and after awhile I got a little uncomfortable in the passenger seat but I am always snug as a bug driving. My only complaint would be the arm rest doesn't quite come forward enough so my elbow barely hits, but even that I've gotten used to.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm 5' 8.5" and find the seat very comfortable - I especially like the adjustable lumbar support. But, on long trips, the left foot rest puts my left leg to sleep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'm 5' 9". But if I move the seat back to stretch my legs out more, the steering wheel is too far away! :eek:hno: I'll just keep adjusting the power seat and hopefully find just the right setting. Thanks goodness for the memory seats! ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You know that the steering wheel adjusts how far out it reaches into the seat... Known as Telescoping.... May be an obvious statement but just making sure your aware of that feature.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The power seats and the steering wheel adjustment are very good no problem with long drives. I wish the seats were a little more plush or thicker as in my truck or the danali more cushion would bee better.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Not as good as my truck, but I would have too say they are the 2nd most comfortable seats I have sat it. BTW, my mom has an R sereis MB and my Brother has a C230 and M350 and our seats are better than all 3 of those cars. Although I do have to say I like the leatherette(vinyl) better in my brothers C230. It is over a year old and it still looks new, unlike his M350 which already looks worse. I'll have to wait and see how the Acadia leather holds up, so far so good @7000 miles.

·
Registered
540 Posts
bonk1313 said:
You know that the steering wheel adjusts how far out it reaches into the seat... Known as Telescoping.... May be an obvious statement but just making sure your aware of that feature.
Bonk,
Good call on this one. When I first picked up the Acadia I couldn't figure what was wrong. I felt so uncomfortable driving. I was reaching out to far.Yup I never adjusted the telescopic feature. It's easy to forget about it.

Bobby

·
Registered
540 Posts
garco 57 said:
The power seats and the steering wheel adjustment are very good no problem with long drives. I wish the seats were a little more plush or thicker as in my truck or the danali more cushion would bee better.
The seats in my Acadia are comfortable. I haven't taken any long trips yet but they should be ok. My 05 Silverado has more cushion though so I know what you are talking about. I drove a 5 series BMW and the seat were very firm also. I guess everyone is going in that direction.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We just got back from about 15 hours worth of highway driving, and both my wife and I found our Acadia very comfortable. I do agree with the comments about not being able to reach the steering wheel when I put the seat back as far as I would like it. Even with the steering wheel extended all the way back, I still need to move my seat forward farther than I would like. But the seat is still comfortable.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
16 hour trip w pits stops along the way, wife and I are happy as a lark! Seats could be deeper for me with 6 foot frame. I like deep seats but this Acadia has been just fine. Wife sleeps well in passenger seat when on long excursion! She reads and tells me when ready for pit stop!

·
Registered
423 Posts
DeForger said:
bonk1313 said:
Bonk,
Good call on this one. When I first picked up the Acadia I couldn't figure what was wrong. I felt so uncomfortable driving. I was reaching out to far.Yup I never adjusted the telescopic feature. It's easy to forget about it.

Bobby
what we have a telescoping steering wheel? how do we do that.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
On the left hand side of the steering column is a handle, push it down. then pull or push the steering wheel in or out. It is the same handle as the up and down option.

Bad photo, but you can kinda get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
[/quote]
Schram,

You mean you haven't been enjoying the telescoping steering wheel? That was one of the cool items I liked. It reminded me of my friend's corvette.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
487 Posts
Schram said:
DeForger said:
bonk1313 said:
Bonk,

Bobby
Admin will have to reduce your number of posts to 100 because by 100 posts you are required to know every option on the ACADIA and if you don't we make you drive a mini-van for a week and reduce your posts to 100.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
coloradoGM said:
Admin will have to reduce your number of posts to 100 because by 100 posts you are required to know every option on the ACADIA and if you don't we make you drive a mini-van for a week and reduce your posts to 100.
I banned Schram for lack of knowledge...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Well I just had to do it..... Holiday humor, or I have :beer: to much ;D ..... I lifted the ban, but I imagine that he got an email saying he was banned. All in GOOD FUN :cheers:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts