GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a new 2020 Denali Acadia to replace our 2014 Denali Acadia. The Ultimate Denali package has a different "Performance Ride and Handling suspension". No one has one locally to test drive.

Can someone tell me the difference in the ride?

Thanks Stephen

·
Registered
834 Posts
We are looking for a new 2020 Denali Acadia to replace our 2014 Denali Acadia. The Ultimate Denali package has a different "Performance Ride and Handling suspension". No one has one locally to test drive.

Thanks Stephen
The Acadi Denali for 2020 has CDC or Continuous Damping Control (FE5 Adaptive Suspension) pretty much the system Cadillac has on the XT5 supposedly. It has been around on upscale GM vehicles in one form or another for awhile.
- - - " Continuous Damping Control (aka CDC or Adaptive Ride Control) – an adaptive suspension/damping system. CDC isn’t new for the GMC Acadia, as the feature was offered on the second-gen GMC Acadia Denali prior to this latest 2020 Acadia refresh. "

I would say it is a good feature to have since the Denali has the 20" wheels and tires which usually ride more firm and hard.

I know a guy who has the Denali with it on and he says it does ride better and adapt to rough verses smooth and flat road conditions.
Here are two articles to review on how it works.
2020 GMC Acadia Features Enhanced Suspension Tuning

·
Registered
193 Posts
The previous post pretty much describes what it is and how it works. I had it on my '14 Cadillac SRX and wish I had it on my Acadia - better value for the money spent versus the sun roof that I have no use for.

In day to day driving the big differences versus standard suspension are twofold: 1) on rough roads (think train tracks, grade separations, expansion strips, etc. but not pot holes and the like) the suspension adapts very quickly to absorb more of those vibrations, and 2) it senses when you're cornering hard, like evasive maneuvers, and firms up the suspension on the outside of the turn to give a more controlled feel. There's more but those are the two areas you'll notice the most.

Edit: The downside is those shocks/struts/dampers are EXPENSIVE should you ever have to replace one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts