GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per the system and order status my unit is being built this week. (Wk of 11/5)

Does anyone happen to know the details (relatively speaking) of the amount of time to get a unit someplace? On the one hand I'm used to the current model of "internet buying" where something purchased ships immediately, you get a tracking #, and you can watch it (almost literally) come to your location.

I know shipping a stick of RAM is slightly different than a 4,000lb vehicle. ;) What I'm curious about are things like: Do units, after being built, sit around and wait for others to come off the line that are heading to roughly the same place? Or do they arrange mfg runs with "regional targets" - so the next Y units coming off the line are heading to the SW, as one scenario? Does it go rail to certain depots where trucks pick them up?

I'm in CO - so any info on transit time from MI would be interesting.

Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi GMLOYALIST,

Yep, 12-15 days sounds about right, especially to CO from Lansing. Your unit will go by rail, no doubt.

Actually, I was interested in just when you placed your order. I ordered an Acadia on 9/21/07 and JUST got a build-week date of 11/19/07. Then it will be approximately 10 days to truck from Lansing to NE Ohio. Is this normal?

What did you order (color, options etc).

Loel Stein
Uniontown, OH

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My order was entered on Oct 15. About a week (maybe more) later I got a Targeted Production Week of Nov 5. I called the salesman on Nov 5 and asked if there had been any change in status and he said "no". I didn't ask him for the actual status code number. It sounds like it should be here the 17th-20th or so.

I ordered a pretty basic SLT-1: Carbon Metallic Black, Titanium Leather, Convenience Package, AWD. That's about it. No other fancy/schmancy stuff.

Jim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer just called. The unit arrived today - Nov 13. They either a) produced it before my TPW of 11/5 or b) hightailed that baby out here to CO from MI!

Ordered Oct 15, customer delivery Nov 14. I can't complain about that!

Jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
gmloyalist said:
The dealer just called. The unit arrived today - Nov 13. They either a) produced it before my TPW of 11/5 or b) hightailed that baby out here to CO from MI!

Ordered Oct 15, customer delivery Nov 14. I can't complain about that!

Jim
Congratulations! Enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
They seemed to have stepped it up a bit, unless you order something on constaraint, it seems to be taking about 4 weeks from start to finish for delivery. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts