GMC Acadia Forum banner

Two Pre-Buy Tips (LATCH & BOSE)

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  coloradoGM 
#1 ·
We ordered an AWD SLT-2 Liquid Silver with Titanium leather on 2/27 and haven't heard a peep about when it's supposed to be in. I'm very excited and I'm continuing to do research on this vehicle prior to taking delivery. Two things I've come across in my research that many don't think to look for are that there are

1)No latch seating hooks on the third row bench (no big deal unless you're putting car seats back there) and
2) You can't get both the Nav system and the Bose speakers. I thought this was especially weird since the Nav system is a premium option and pairs nicely with premium speakers.

Has anyone heard otherwise?

#4 ·
As far as the latch in the 3rd row, there is one for the middle seat. The two outboard ones do not have it.

I have the Bose stereo in mine with no Nav or DVD, but I'm positive you get the 5.1 Dolby version of it when you get the rear DVD. Not too certain on just Nav though....

Oh and by the way....AWESOME picture of Professor Beeker! HAHA! :D

#6 ·
Latch - no latch in rear seat but you do get one upper tether on the back of the center of the rear seat - if you read the manual you are only supposed to place on child seat in the rear - they do not recommend placing on the outer positions only in thye center.

Bose - you do get Bose speakers with the NAV system - what you do lose is the 6 disc CD changer (makes no sense to me, you upgrade to a better system but lose out on the CD changer) - if your children are watching a DVD in the back you do not have an option to play a CD in the front??? At least you can plug in am MP3 player and listen to that while a DVD is playing!

Just passed 100 miles, love the vehicle.

#7 ·
johnway said:
Bose - you do get Bose speakers with the NAV system - what you do lose is the 6 disc CD changer (makes no sense to me, you upgrade to a better system but lose out on the CD changer)
Looks to me like it is a space/engineering issue. Some other vehicles I have seen have placed the navi dvd player under the driver's seat to avoid this problem.

Kelly

#8 ·
OK, so if there is a center rear latch for the middle of the third row...aren't the third row seats 50/50 split? How would you fold down one side without having to move the car seat?

#9 ·
You would have to move the car seat, if the seatbelts are like my truck they will work to anchor a carseat. When you pull belt out all the way they ratchet back and don't allow you to pull them out any further until they are completely retracted. Hope that makes sense, the carseat safety people we saw said a seatbelt is just as safe as latch as long as you have belts like in my truck or use the supplied H-Clip. The latch is more of a convinience feature, but the upper tether is very beneficial to safety but also not necessary.

#10 ·
BloodRedHog said:
OK, so if there is a center rear latch for the middle of the third row...aren't the third row seats 50/50 split? How would you fold down one side without having to move the car seat?
According to GM Canada's website the 3rd row seat is 60/40 split, not 50/50 split.

#12 ·
Q#2: A - If you get NAV on a SLT-2, you get BOSE, period.

#13 ·
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Q#2: A - If you get NAV on a SLT-2, you get BOSE, period.
That would explain why it doesn't show up as an option. By the way someone should slap that dealer. :banghead: When I talked to a dealer here he said every dealer in the nation was given the opportunity to do a day long orientation with the GM PR guys and spend all day with the Acadia. The sales manager that I talked to did this and he could answer every question I had about the Acadia, he didn't even have to pull out the options sheet to tell me what combos I could get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.