GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed yesterday that a plastic vent cover under the third row seat had come off. I tried pushing it back on but it looks like it will just fall off again. A little flap of fabric right above the vent that is supposed to connect under the seat keeps coming undone too. Anyone have these problems? I know my kids are tough on a car, but I'm surprised things are breaking already.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd appreciate some help - I've never had a car with a warranty before and I don't know what sort of thing it's worth taking it in for. I can't bet the vent cover back on - is that something I should have them fix? Maybe at the next oil change?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, absolutely take it in. IMO, that should not be happening only 2 months into use.

·
Registered
659 Posts
shellbell said:
I'd appreciate some help - I've never had a car with a warranty before and I don't know what sort of thing it's worth taking it in for. I can't bet the vent cover back on - is that something I should have them fix? Maybe at the next oil change?
It is definitely something covered by warranty. Depending on how much it bugs you, you may want to wait until you have something more significant (mechanical issue or service ) to make the dealer trip worth your effort. Those sorts of things will be covered for the 3yr/36k time frame.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I would take it in for anything that happens that is not right and let GM fix it(if it a minor problem, wait until you have more than one thing or you have to go in and have a recall done). This way it is on record should there be a problem later, even if it is after the warranty period, and you may have some recourse to have them fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, same thing has happened to my

6 week old Acadia. It also apparently has a paper thin windshield too, 'cause I've got too separate pock marks in the front windshield and one crack is spreading.

I like the look of the vehicle and the user friendliness, but it was with great trepidation that I went back to a GM product after a 20 year avoidance of all things GM. I am starting to wonder if this purchase was another once in 20 year mistake.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Re: Yep, same thing has happened to my

Lobo said:
6 week old Acadia. It also apparently has a paper thin windshield too, 'cause I've got too separate pock marks in the front windshield and one crack is spreading.

I like the look of the vehicle and the user friendliness, but it was with great trepidation that I went back to a GM product after a 20 year avoidance of all things GM. I am starting to wonder if this purchase was another once in 20 year mistake.
All windshields are made softer now. I have had BMWS, Audis, VW, GMC, Saab and Volvo. All have been pitted very easy and crack at the slighest rock chip. Not GMC's or the Acadia's fault. JUst a run of bad luck for you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I get new windshields in phoenix once a year weather they are paper thin or not. Just my dumb luck for living here. One of the worst states for windshield damage.

And, I am about to finalize an Acadia order anyway!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wow! Rock chips in the windshield and the car is suddenly a POS. In fact all of GM is POS. Harsh, dude! My last car got 2 windshields within the first year or two. Rock hits just the right place and a crack forms. For the next 8 years I never had a problem. Just the luck of the road.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes, I keep my windshield guy busy, in the South they use lots of stone in road paving = lots of winshield replacements=I carry full glass coverage :banghead:

·
Registered
251 Posts
shellbell said:
Sounds like a manufacturing defect. This would be covered under warranty, so definitely yes. Have them fix it next time you take it in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't be so harsh on your vehicle, its why there is a warranty in the first place. Nobody can make a car that will never need fixed, so manufacturers give consumers a warranty, to let them know they will stand behind the product. The lasts dealer I worked at also sold/serviced BMW and Mercedes, and I can tell you, they are cut from the same cloth. Be proud of what you own and enjoy it. :blob:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Windshield issue probably is just bad luck, but...for the past 4 years my Honda, my Mazda, and a Ford never had a cracked windshield living in the same area driving on the same roads. Plus, my father in law had a Chevy pickup and had to replace his windshield twice in one year in 2005 while his other 2 vehicles never had a problem. This certainly doesn't mean that GM is at fault, but I thought I'd mention it to see if others had experienced this.

Nevertheless, the windshield issue was an aside anyway. My original response was that yes, I too have an inexpensive looking plastic grill cover in front of the 3rd row seat (passenger side) that has fallen out. This happened in less than 6 weeks, so I am sure there is a defect involved that my dealer will most likely take care of on my first scheduled maintenance visit. No big issue in the grand scheme of things, but not expected so soon by me on 35+k vehicle. Hope the dealer will replace my 18 inch Fortera tires as well. The wife picked up on that road roar instantly the moment she got behind the wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts