GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

just wondering if anyone had a how-to remove the factory tweeters for aftermarket ones. I know the airbags are there
so I dont want to be too rough if you know what I mean. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Travis

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I searched and couldn't find anything about tweeter removal, I understand your hesitation because of the side curtain bags. For me, I would just leave them, but I have a Bose system so the audio is good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I am guessing here that you want to remove the speakers in the A-Pillar. If so, you first need to remove the A-pillar trim covers.

On the driver side, use a small screw driver to open the screw cover (the one that says AIRBAG) by prying carefully from the bottom edge. Remove the screws and remove the molding by lifting up. It is held in just by tabs at the bottom.

On the passenger side on the assist handle, use a small screwdriver to open both screw covers by prying carefully from the inboard edge. Remove the screws and lift up on the molding again, tabs hold the bottom in.

The tweeters are behind the covers.

There's a pretty good chance that the screw covers will get nicked up a little bit. Even my dealer nicked mine up a bit when they had to remove these pieces to drop the headliner for the sunroof recall. I don't know if they are an individually replaceable piece or only come with the A-pillar trim covers.

Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
i would like to know if those are seperate (the screw covers) as i knicked mine also. they are teathered so i dont think so, but maybe im wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for all your help!!! Much appreciated.

I will show pics when I remove them for aftermarket ones.

Travis

·
Registered
17 Posts
Long shot here, because someone got all a$$ hurt for asking in a more current thread. Has anyone actually replaced their pillar tweeters? And if so, what did you use, did you need to modify? In looking to keep the stock look and swap out mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Super Moderator
22,405 Posts

Zippy won't like your answer either.

·
Super Moderator
22,405 Posts
Someone's mastered the art of 'selfie.'

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still better you mastering the art of self masterbating.

And by the way things started, these pics are pure reflections of you sir. So I'll leave you with these pics, so you have a little something to announce yourself with next time you enter a forum. I'm done playing these games with you. It was fun though.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll5/MrSmilez1959/E4C5016C-CA28-44D7-9BA9-4DF129CA0364_z

[URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/MrSmilez1959/media/D590F5D5-14B7-4BE1-B6FC-2A4486FDA1DA_zpssfvkmrjk.jpg.html][IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll5/MrSmilez1959/D590F5D5-14B7-4BE1-B6FC-2A4486FDA1DA_zpssfvkmrjk.jpg

pssfpcr6dq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Super Moderator
22,405 Posts
Eight years on this forum and you have the nerve to call me a troll? I don't think so. BTW, learn how to spell, you uneducated hermaphrodite. The forum mods will now have their way with you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts