GMC Acadia Forum banner

turtle wax liquid clay bar???

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Gmoney_2010 
#1 ·
anyone tried using the turtle wax liquid clay bar??? how is it? cost about $16 on autoshops...
got my eyes set on an 08 Acadia.... preferably the Carbon Black metallic color.

#3 ·
After washing the car run your hand on the car. If it is smooth like a baby's bottom then it is good to cover over if not then get the bumps out with a clay bar before protecting the surface. If the bumps are in then you will lock in the the bumps with the protectant.

#4 ·
big bear craig said:
The clay bars work great to remove contaminants. They will make a surface that is rough from contaminants smooth again. Make sure you follow directions. You shouldn't have to use one on a new car.
The discussion on here has been that it is extremely wise to clay bar your car IF you know that your vehicle was transported by rail. Brake dust from the train can scratch your paint and is very stubborn to come off during a normal car wash. Mine is coming directly from the factory on a semi since the dealership I purchased it from is so close to the plant. However, I still plan on using a clay bar just for kicks.

#5 ·
Don't know about the turtle wax version but I have used both the Mcguiers Clay Bar set and the Mother's Clay Bar set which can be found just about anywhere like Wal-Mart, Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. They worked fine, and I would recommend the Mcguiers Clay Bar kit for a Clay Bar. I haven't heard anything good about that turtle wax liquid stuff, and I am a bit skeptical about a "liquid clay bar". I highly doubt it works as good as a true clay bar such as the Meguiers.

#6 ·
thanks guys i do use the Meguiars Clay bar on my cars, but when i come across this particular product kinda make me want to buy it, supposed to work like a cleaner wax (very easy to use) but with the results of a clay bar, im too is skeptical, but if anyone of you have experience with this stuff let us know..... thanks :)

#7 ·
SioXie said:
thanks guys i do use the Meguiars Clay bar on my cars, but when i come across this particular product kinda make me want to buy it, supposed to work like a cleaner wax (very easy to use) but with the results of a clay bar, im too is skeptical, but if anyone of you have experience with this stuff let us know..... thanks :)
I used this junk on my MINI, didn't do anything like a real Clay bar. I was looking for something that I didnt have to worry about dropping. There were some spots of dirt that I could remove with my finger nail but no mater how much I rubbed the sponge thing it wouldnt come off. I did a small section of the car with the Liquid clay bar and ran my finger over it, I could feel grit. I used Meguires clay bar on the same area after, smooth.

If you want to try it you may have better results, but I wouldnt expect the results that they claim.

On a side note, I have heard wonderful things about the rest of the Turtle wax Ice line.

#8 ·
thanks for the info i guess theres no substitute for the real clay bar :thumb:

#10 ·
heard about all the good things about Zaino, but never got the chance to try one... im so used on the meguiars Next Tech line but will try..... thanxs :thumb:

#11 ·
I have the turtle wax ice liquid polish and it is OK :-[ , i applied it in direct sunlight because it said it was ok to on the directions but i think i will try it again in the shade when its cooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.