GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I turn off my interior lights of my 2017 Acadia when the hatch is open for a drive in movie? Also how do I keep the radio on as well?

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
The owner's manual has all the information you need regarding those features. The index will guide you to the specific sections.

·
Registered
594 Posts
there is a button on the overhead console to turn off the lights. I don't know of a way to keep the radio on with the doors opened. probably can but you need to look that one up.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
... I don't know of a way to keep the radio on with the doors opened. probably can but you need to look that one up.
Most likely covered in the manual. ;) Look up the explanation for ACC/ACCESSORY mode of the ignition switch.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I have not found a way to keep the radio on while at the drive-in longer then 10 minutes. I’ve left the engine running once during the movie to keep the a/c running, the bugs were too intense to have the windows down LOL

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
I have not found a way to keep the radio on while at the drive-in longer then 10 minutes. I’ve left the engine running once during the movie to keep the a/c running, the bugs were too intense to have the windows down LOL
Just glanced through the manual. Looks like both ACC/ACCESSSORY power from the ignition switch and Retained Accessory Power (RAP) are timed to prevent battery rundown. ACC automatically switches to OFF in five minutes - RAP lasts 10 minutes, or until one of the front doors is opened. The ACC timing is a bad joke! Y'all are slaves to this geeky technology!! :sosad:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Just glanced through the manual. Looks like both ACC/ACCESSSORY power from the ignition switch and Retained Accessory Power (RAP) are timed to prevent battery rundown. ACC automatically switches to OFF in five minutes - RAP lasts 10 minutes, or until one of the front doors is opened. The ACC timing is a bad joke! Y'all are slaves to this geeky technology!! :sosad:
Funny part is... my battery just died because of the "Shift to Park" error, the radio stayed on and I assumed (that was stupid!) that the battery protection circuit would shut it off. I suppose that with the vehicle in a confused state of limbo between ON and OFF that some features do not work correctly. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
44 Posts
There's a 'kill' button on the overhead panel. The button on the right turns on the reading lamps. The button on the right kills the interior lights. Don't know about the radio. ...... These keyless cars have no accessory switch. I'll bet a GenX'er who's never been to a drive in movie designed it! ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kill switch for internal lights are by controls sunroof. Accessory mode for keyless- turn off truck. Hold power button for 10 seconds. Acc mode comes on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Ksisk
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing