GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday as I was exiting the express lane to merge, I had my right turn signal on. I left it on since I knew I had to get over one more lane to make my exit. Well apparently I left it on longer than my Acadia would have liked. It started binging at me and the DIC displayed "TURN SIGNAL ON" until I turned it off.

I've had my Acadia for over 2 years now, over 52,000 miles, and I just now realized it had a warning if you left your signal on too long. LOL Apparently I never do that. But what an awesome feature. I think all cars should have it! It annoys the heck out of me when someone in front of me forgets to turn their signal off and it just keeps blink-blink-blinking at me. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
:rofl:

2 years of ownership - $15,000.00
1 magazine article - several hours at a photoshoot
2000 posts, and obtaining queen of the freaks status - Total time logged in: 25 days, 15 hours and 1 minutes

Still learning about features of the Acadia after all this time - Priceless

·
Registered
635 Posts
When you drive a 1/4 mile with it on is when it does that. My wife was unimpressed. I figured it out with my vehicle which shall not be named anymore, found the info in the manual for the Acadia.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
khansen30 said:
When you drive a 1/4 mile with it on is when it does that. My wife was unimpressed. I figured it out with my vehicle which shall not be named anymore, found the info in the manual for the Acadia.
My wife has a tendency to leave it on after a lane change and if I'm with her; I gently remind her the blinker is on, but that's before the 1/4 mile warning

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It all comes down to the driver. When I was working in Miami, I stopped a guy driving a brand new Cadillac for driving w/o any lights on after dark. It was a rental car, and on the dash was a digital message that said "Turn headlights on". I think the complexity of the car overwhelmed him.

I had posted here the other day about government mandates running up the cost of building a car in the name of safety, and jokingly referred to a sensor system that will automatically apply the brakes if you get too close to something. Lo & behold yesterday while watching TV w/ Mrs. Blue, a Volvo ad comes on & they are touting this exact system.

I recall a Suzuki motorcycle I owned about 30 years ago that had a factory timer on the turn signal switch.

I also find people driving w/ turn signals constantly on annoying.

·
Registered
250 Posts
wow, we learn something new everyday. my acadia, my ride and my teacher. well actually, web raven is the teacher.

question, does the DIC messages also appear in HUD?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think my '88 Olds Cutlass had this feature. It was designed for old folks (usually sporting blue hair) who drive in the left lane at 55 MPH with their left turn signal on. :D
Cadillac has the adaptive cruise control-it also has sensors to let you know when there is a vehicle in your blind spot.
From the autochannel.com web site;

Delphi's Adaptive Cruise Control Technology Featured On Cadillac XLR
KOKOMO, Ind., June 23 -- Delphi Corp.'s award- winning Forewarn(R) adaptive cruise control (ACC) technology continues to shine as it is featured on the Cadillac XLR at this week's 2004 Product Preview and GM Design and Technology Showcase in Milan, Mich.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020315/DEF002LOGO )

"The Cadillac XLR is an excellent example of how luxury and innovation can combine to provide bold styling, contoured comfort and enhanced safety for the consumer," said Mary Schafer, business line executive for Chassis and Safety at Delphi Delco Electronics Systems. "Adaptive cruise control also brings a comfort and convenience feature to the driver that results in a more relaxed driving experience."

As the elegant XLR maneuvers effortlessly around the course, the ACC system measures the distance and relative speed of vehicles ahead using a sophisticated long-range radar sensor mounted behind the front bumper of the vehicle, cruising normally when the path ahead is clear and appropriately adjusting to traffic when necessary. The "cruise control with intelligence" is highly reliable, making more individual measurements on each horizontal radar scan than other systems. It can help the driver detect objects more than 100 meters ahead of the vehicle.

While the lane ahead is clear, the system will maintain the cruising speed set by the driver. When ACC detects slower moving traffic, the system will maintain a driver-selected headway (adjustable between 1.0 and 2.0 seconds) using throttle control and limited braking. The system also can detect if another vehicle crosses into the path from an adjacent lane and respond appropriately.

The radar-based technology provides superior performance in adverse weather conditions, compared to other laser-based systems available. ACC includes the ability to maintain a consistent and increased average following distance while providing the convenience of reduced need to manually accelerate or decelerate as the traffic becomes more congested.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Most cars have had that feature for years now.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mikemu said:
Most cars have had that feature for years now.
This could very well be true. I just never realized it because I'm not one of those annoying people who leaves my signal on for miles upon miles on end. :p

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
preytor said:
wow, we learn something new everyday. my acadia, my ride and my teacher. well actually, web raven is the teacher.

question, does the DIC messages also appear in HUD?
Well I don't see it on our HUD, but I was testing the hood open message and it didn't come on the HUD; maybe the turn signal one will

·
Registered
370 Posts
Anyone notice that when sitting at a long light w/ the blinker on it eventually skips a click? "click, click, click, click, -----, click, click" I wonder if it's just the sound or also the light itself?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Or perhaps one of those annoying people that doesn't read the owners manual? ;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Pg 175 of the 07 manual:

Turn Signal On Chime
If you leave either one of your turn signals on and
drive more than 3/4 mile (1.2 km), a chime will
sound to alert you