GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that when using your turn signal it stops for a second and then comes back on? I've experienced this quite a few times in the past, but it happens so quickly I just assume some other outside noise occurred at that time and prevented me from hearing the audible clicking. This past weekend my wife was in the car with me when it happened and she called it out. So I know it's not just me anymore.

I had the left turn signal on waiting at a standstill to turn. It was fully engaged on the stalk, not just me holding it or doing the flash to pass signal. After a few seconds of consistently clicking, the sound abruptly stopped and then started back up like normal again. I was not able to notice if the blinker in the dash paused as well since it happened so quickly and I was not really anticipating it happening.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes. The signal continues to blink; it's just the sound that is interrupted. Pull over, put your signal on, and with the Acadia still in drive open a door. The chimes interrupt the turn signal as well.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree with toasteroven that they get interrupted every so often and I think it is normal. Unlike the old days were the clicking was actually the physical switch (or relay), I think the turn signal noise is actually generated by the computer somehow on this car. (but that's just my speculation)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've noticed that on occasion as well. I've never thought much of it though.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The clicks are computer generated (BCM I think) and come through the front speakers.

(WhooHooo.....400th post. Yeah I know I'm getting smoked by just about everyone else. :comfort: )

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it is computer generated and then they stop randomly, doesn't anyone else think there could be a problem with the computer that controls this? I suppose as long as the signal itself continues to work, I shouldn't be concerned but I'd still like to understand why it would need to pause like that?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Our Enclave AND my Acadia do the same thing. I never knew it was just a "recorded" sound.......WEIRD :crazy: I'll bet that it is just a recorded "click-click-click" on a loop and the "pause/stutter" is when the "loop" starts over.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine does the same. Noticed it a few times. Startled me at first but now I am used to it and never give it a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts