GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are looking to get more power out of your 'Cadia look into performance parts for the Cadillac CTS with the same motor as our 'Cadia. I had planned on putting in a STS turbo system (for ease of installation) but have found MECH TECH out of California that sells a turbo kit and supercharger kit for the Caddy CTS; waiting to hear back from them. Another company, PCMforless, does computer mods to remove the torque management, raise the speed limiter and fuel cut-off to 7000 (like the caddy engine) but they need my computer from the 'Cadia (for a couple of months) to break the codes. I have been searching the junkyards for the computer, but so far no luck. What I have done to my 'Cadia, so far: K&N filter (33-2919), cut the holes out of the lower bumper mesh (below drivers driving light) and routed my own custom piping to the airbox for a ram-air effect. I also removed the mesh screen from MAF, put in a flowmaster (70 series, not loud) left the rear resonators on for the factory look. So far I've run a 15 flat at 87 in the quarter. I know it's not a race car but I cannot leave well enough alone. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'll scan it when I get home and post it. Before the mods it ran a 16.2 at 85....this is the FWD not AWD, seats and spare out, less than 1/8 tank of gas and the front suspension compressed 4 inches....I know it sounds cheesy but all it would do is spin the tires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Every time you write 'Cadia it makes me think of that terrible picture of the guy who badged his Acadia w/ Caddilac emblems and took the A off so it reads Cadia. :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does the K&N filter (33-2919) fit the stocked filter box? Or did you make mods to make it work? According to K&N's website the filter for the Acadia currently doesn't exist.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Excellent. The "Speed restricted to 174kph" flashing on my DIC drives me nuts. ;D

There was a fellow on here that also did some exhaust mods, with twin mufflers if I recall correctly...

15 sec 1/4 is pretty respectable for a 2.5 ton SUV. The trap seems a little low, but I wonder if the AWD would make up for the traction issues. Better e/t but lower trap...

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd love to see a video of you racing your Acadia, because I just don't see a K&N filter, home made ram air, a descreend MAF, and flowmaster chopping 1.2 seconds off any vehicle 1/4 time. Was the 16.2 time with the same weight reduction?

·
Registered
41 Posts
K&N filter (33-2919)

Does that fit the stock airfilter location? I'm looking to get a K&N for my Acadia but I can't figure out if GMC used an airbox from another make/model (in the GM lineup or outside of it) for the Acadia and it's just a matter of telling PepBoys or whatever the "other" make/model to get the K&N that will fit. Currently there is no K&N in the parts computers at every place I've looked when I say Acadia.

Thanks.

Edit, I looked up that K&N part number. It's for a Holden Commodore. What the devil is that? Can I get this K&N part umber in the U.S. or is it some sort of international part number? I think if I told PepBoys "Holden Commodore" they'd look at me like I just landed in a UFO...

·
Registered
71 Posts
JoeVegas said:
Every time you write 'Cadia it makes me think of that terrible picture of the guy who badged his Acadia w/ Caddilac emblems and took the A off so it reads Cadia. :eek:
That and the fact that it is the same amount to type......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mtn_KAT said:
It's for a Holden Commodore. What the devil is that?
Holden is GM's Australian unit. And they make some pretty kick @ss cars. Those aussies really know how to hoon it up.

I believe they sell Commodore stateside as the Pontiac G8. I think it has the same powertrain as Acadia. I hear we're also getting a rebadged Holden sportwagon and mini-ute (can you say El Camino?)

Now if only they'd sell the Holden Efijy here.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Check this quote

xseler

Re: K & N Cold Air Intake
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 11:32:33 AM »
Interesting! K&N's website says that the 33-2919 is made to fit an '06 Holden Commodore (which is a GM vehicle). The Commodore comes with a 6.0l V8 or the 3.6l V6.

Basically, all ya gotta do is measure yours and then measure the 33-2919 . If its the same it will fit

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Commodore is a rwd sedan. It's engine is mounted longitudinally, not transverse like that of an Acadia. Underhood packaing is probably totally different, so I doubt that it will work, but that would be great if there is some type of K&N that will.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm curious to hear about the turbo kit. I'm thinking the packaging for the Acadia would have to be fairly different.

I can vouch for PCMforless. They did the tuning for my Trans Am.

·
Registered
151 Posts
oicu812 said:
Holden is GM's Australian unit. And they make some pretty kick @ss cars. Those aussies really know how to hoon it up.

I believe they sell Commodore stateside as the Pontiac G8. I think it has the same powertrain as Acadia. I hear we're also getting a rebadged Holden sportwagon and mini-ute (can you say El Camino?)

Now if only they'd sell the Holden Efijy here.
The commodore is now called the "2014 Chevy SS" in the states I have one in my acreage next to the 2013 Acadia :)

//Nick

·
Registered
659 Posts
tdrumm said:
The Commodore is a rwd sedan. It's engine is mounted longitudinally, not transverse like that of an Acadia. Underhood packaing is probably totally different, so I doubt that it will work, but that would be great if there is some type of K&N that will.
I agree the current GM V6 twin turbo plumbing would never fit on the firewall side of the engine. You can't even get your hand back there to change a spark plug. It would seem impossible for the GM system to fit without having to re enginneer all the major flow components. A downstream tailpipe configuration, used in some tight vehicles, could work but it would likely incorporate nothing from the the new GM application.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
where did I just see a computer animation video of the 3.6 with dual turbos......
I believe the turbos are on the exaust- right behind the alternator on one side- and behind the AC compressor on the other.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
from a comment.

This engine is an evolved Version of the current 321hp NA 3.6 V6. It's SAE certified for 420hp and 430tq with peak torque available from 2000-5500rpms

GM 2014 3.6L twin-turbo V6 Build Animation

1 - 20 of 24 Posts