GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That you could send me via email.. I have the April 2019 version but understand there may be a Jan 2020 updated version.
Vehicle tires are at 3/32 and dealer says I need to pay 70% including his markup! the april 2019 version say 42% at 28K miles... Is the stealer trying to take me for a ride???

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wonder how they decided that only the 18” tires are wearing prematurely. Our 2018 Acadia Denali with 20”s and 25,000 miles has tires that are around 4/32”. I know getting 30,000 miles out of tires isn’t unheard of BUT speaking from a history of GM SUVs and multiple sets of other Michelin models, it’s premature. My wife doesn’t drive like Danica Patrick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 2008 Buick Enclave on which the OEM Michelin tires were wearing twice as fast as they should. I called Michelin directly. They had me take the car to my tire shop (Discount Tire) that sold Michelin. They took measurements and notified Michelin. Based on the miles I had driven and remaining tread, Michelin had Discount Tire sell me a new set at 50% off. That sounded very fair to me. Michelin is a great company that stands behind their products. If there is some kind of a TSB or recall they probably know about it and can guide you about where you need to go and what you should be charged. You may not have to go to your GM dealer unless the wear is due to a steering linkage problem. If it is just a bad batch of Michelin tires you can probably deal with any Michelin dealer.
Hope this helps
Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
First, the post just states the tires are wearing prematurely. When you run your hand over the surface of the tire tread, if the vehicle is out of alignment then you'll notice the individual blocks of tread have uneven wear. you can actually feel the difference in block height. Interpreting the traction/wear code will give you a clue as to expected mileage for the tire. If the vehicle is out of alignment, that is a factory defect review the vehicle warranty for resolution. Dealers do not want to honor that portion of the warranty. I went around with a dealer for several months over a vehicle that was out of alignment, from the factory. Once I got the factory to check and confirm it was out of alignment I was able to get it realigned. The dealer then argued I didn't notify them in a timely fashion. saying I waited until I had over 12,000 miles on the tires. I was able to show them the defect warranty and proof that I'd first brought it to their attention when the vehicle had 4,000 miles on it and had continued to do so every few thousand miles afterwards. They ended up giving me new tires at no cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, now the Stealership is trying to scam me.. First they said that at 30K miles I had to pay 70% of cost.. I informed them I had the TSB and it says at 30K, owner was responsible for only 50% of the cost of the tires, not 70%.. Then he said he had to re-figure the cost and got back to me with a cost of $377.00 each tire.or my portion woule be 188.50 each installed.. When I look up the part # for the warranty replacement tire on any gm website.. part # 22996331 (the part Gm says in the tsb to use) the list price is only 229.65 each, which means my cost would be 115.00 each under the tsb at 50% ..
How can I combat the dealer who is overly inflating the warranty part cost by +60%.. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,534 Posts
so, now the Stealership is trying to scam me.. First they said that at 30K miles I had to pay 70% of cost.. I informed them I had the TSB and it says at 30K, owner was responsible for only 50% of the cost of the tires, not 70%.. Then he said he had to re-figure the cost and got back to me with a cost of $377.00 each tire.or my portion woule be 188.50 each installed.. When I look up the part # for the warranty replacement tire on any gm website.. part # 22996331 (the part Gm says in the tsb to use) the list price is only 229.65 each, which means my cost would be 115.00 each under the tsb at 50% ..
How can I combat the dealer who is overly inflating the warranty part cost by +60%.. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Someone has to pay for mounting and balancing those tires, as well as resetting the TPMS. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did, tahnks, they opened a case and will get back to me..hopefully within my lifetime!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts