GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rebuilding a 2019 SLT1 V6 Acadia I bought at auction. Can't figure out what this plugs into. Have all my parking sensors. It's not a impact sensor. Any help would be great thanks.
A wider shot or description of the body area this is located at?
I could then take a peek at our 2019. . .
Difficult to determine what the orinetation of the picture is and where the wiring harness is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure. It's in the center of the harness with the parking sensors and cross traffic sensors. So has to be something pertaining to it. Just can't see a good diagram to figure it out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Connection on my 2019 looks like it might go to some kind of plastic encased module fastened to the bumper fascia.
I can't tell for sure. The wires on mine look like a green and black(?) pair.
The black encased module appears snapped onto the rear bumper fascia with a hinged type ear on one side and pop rivet on the other.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No that would be for the front. I don't have that package. I think you need SLT2 or Denali to have that sensor. I need this for the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I'm am hoping for cause these sensors are not cheap. I'll swing by the dealership tomorrow and get a confirmed answer. Then post here with the answer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
That's what I'm am hoping for cause these sensors are not cheap. I'll swing by the dealership tomorrow and get a confirmed answer. Then post here with the answer.
Here is a picture of what I see. .
Whatever it is, it (plastic encased module or sensor) is secured on the one end with a hinged ear and pop rivet on the other. I do not see it on any part diagram. IT appears an integral preassembled part of the rear bumper "energy absorber" so likely no break out of the part the wires plug into.
I can not get a picture from the other side without unclipping the bumper fascia itself.

·
Registered
217 Posts
No that would be for the front. I don't have that package. I think you need SLT2 or Denali to have that sensor. I need this for the rear of the vehicle.
The picture I just posted IS on the rear bumper fascia on my 2019 SLT-1 Acadia.
The wires go to a small. plastic encased item between the outer rear bumper fascia and the inner Absorber Asm-Rear Bumper Fascia Energy .
That item the wires and plug go to appears preassembled and part of that rear energy absorber so likely no parts break out or picture of it.
When you were working on it, it is possible you would not even seen or recongnized it was there.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
The piece could be identified if a part number is on it (either GM, or manufacturer). None of the numbers is clearly readable in the photo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the problem there is that piece was completely gone when I got the vehicle. What you see in the picture is the way I got it. So that is why I'm trying to figure out what it goes to. Looks like it would be next to impossible for you to actually see what it goes too and get a part number without disassembling the bumper cover.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well the problem there is that piece was completely gone when I got the vehicle. What you see in the picture is the way I got it. So that is why I'm trying to figure out what it goes to. Looks like it would be next to impossible for you to actually see what it goes too and get a part number without disassembling the bumper cover.
As I said earlier . . It is part of that plastic assembly. If that rear plastic energy aborber is purchased, it should be pre assembled to that. It does not have a separate part number or break out because it is fastend to that plastic energy aborber. Pop riveted.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I do not think there will be a picture of that part. I've worked in several GM plants for +30 years and seen many intertated parts such as this that are not separate part numbers. It is pop riveted to the energy absorber.
And as I said in post #10 . . " I can not get a picture from the other side without unclipping the bumper fascia itself. "
It is an integral part of the plastic energy abosrber so there will be no separate part. It is likely there to sense a certain amount of impact damage and meant to be replaced as a whole to insure that no short cuts are taken if the energy absorber is compromised.
Therefore, no separate part pictured.
Possibly the only way to tell, is order the part from a dealer or try a salvage part yard to take a look at one that is still on an Acadia . . new version 2017 to 2019 should be the same.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
5 Participants
JPelectrical3825
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing