GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came with the Acadia I purchased (back by rear hatch). Similar controls as steering wheel.

Curious as to who's used them - and give examples - of actual use...Probably a tailgating design feature, but with an unopenning back window, I see very limited alternative uses.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have them on my 2007. Be very careful to deactivate the interior lights or battery will be dead in less than an hour, mine kills the radio automatically with the battery saver feature but there is not enough left to turn over the engine-making the whole thing pretty much useless. I rarely use mine due to all the electrical problems on this vehicle. :puke:

·
Registered
40 Posts
We did not get the rear audio controls, but it would be really nice to have at the Drive In theater. It's a bit of a pain running around the car to get the volume just right when tailgating!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never used it. But it is a bummer to hear that it drains the battery so much just to use the radio.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: True "Rear" Audio Controls - who's used them?

An I always thought that those controls were for the dog. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I specifically did not get this option because I figured I'd be more likely to haul cargo than tailgate and I feared my cargo would play havoc with my radio, given the chance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This sounds like a good topic for a Poll

·
Registered
54 Posts
Snoukems said:
We did not get the rear audio controls, but it would be really nice to have at the Drive In theater. It's a bit of a pain running around the car to get the volume just right when tailgating!
Drive-in theater?? I didn't think there were any left around..

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have them and inadvertently had them activate on me on the way home from picking it up from the dealership. I had an item in the cargo area hitting the button(s). Luckily this forum educated me on what the heck happened.

Other than that...haven't used them but would like during football season.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Drive-in theater?? I didn't think there were any left around..
[/quote]

We actually have a few Drive-in's left here in the San Diego, CA area......it's a fun place to take the kids on a warm summer evening.....beware though, as the battery will not last all the way through the whole movie....my wife took the kids to see a movie a few weeks ago and needed a jump start before the car would start....how embarassing :p

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think it would just be the radio causing the battery drain. Is there car lights on with the rear door open? I know it did with my Expedition with the rear window open and I had to "close" the window hinge to get the truck to turn the lights off.

Again, the lack of a rear openning window negates many of the benefits I would get out of the rear hatch radio controls.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Came with the Acadia I purchased (back by rear hatch). Similar controls as steering wheel.

Curious as to who's used them - and give examples - of actual use...Probably a tailgating design feature, but with an unopenning back window, I see very limited alternative uses.
I use mine all the time, like washing or waxing, watching the grandkids play in the yard, having a few brews, etc. I have learned to turn the lights & onstar mirrow off, roll the drivers window down so you can click the ign switch every 10 min and get some XM going again. But after 10 clicks or so you better crank it up and charge the battery back up,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts