GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we had to get our oil changed this morning at our dealer, so my mom took me and we asked our salesperson to see a couple Acadias. In the showroom they had a 2007 demo Acadia will all of the options except the HUD (It was the exact same one we test drove a couple of months back). I played around with it a little bit and then we asked if we could see some of the fully loaded 2008's in their lot. They had about 5 2008s and about 4 2007s left. I played with a 2008 Carbon Black Metallic w/ Brick, and there was a WDT/Ebony right beside it, both fully loaded, even the engine block heater. Here are some of my observations for both 2007/2008 models

HID Headlamps: On BOTH 2007, and 2008 models, the HID bulb functions as both LOW AND HIGH BEAM!!! THE BROCHURE IS WRONG!!! I can clearly see that the low and high beam come from the same projector, and I can hear the solenoid flip the cover to expose the high beam on both 2007 and 2008 models as well. Flash-to-pass doesn't work during the day on 2007 or 2008 if they are equipped with HID headlamps.

Seatbacks: I saw on the remaining 2007 models and the early 2008 models that neither come with the netting at the back, just the string, but the early build 2007 in the showroom had the netting.

NAV: The Backup camera comes standard on 2008 models with the NAV option.

The dealer had 1 Enclave (Cocoa CX) on display, the rest were already sold. They also had the new 2008 CTS on display as well. They said they're clearing out the lots to make way for 200 new 2008 models in the coming months as well. Our dealer also said that for every 100 Acadias sold in the US, 1 is sold in Canada. The Carbon Black for 2008 looks SHARP! WDT looks great as well. I love the pearl effect. It was my first time for seeing many of the colours up close, and they all look great. Now I don't know if we should get a Blue-Gold, WDT/PIT or Carbon Black when we order one eventually :confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know yet. I'll verify when we go test drive one in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does Canada require amber turn signals? The reason I ask, is that there is clearly a "blank" for them, in the clear lensed area across the top of the tail lamp assembly, on the outside, on either side of the back up lamps. I've owned Japanese makes for twenty years prior to purchasing my '08 SLT-1, and have gotten accustomed to the amber; I actually think it's more visible and therefore safer. I wouldn't mind switching it out, if something were available from GM.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They don't require rear amber turn signals in the US or Canada (Google FMVSS 108 to find out more), so many US manufactures cost-cut by using a combo lamp by turning the brake/tail lamp into the turn signal lamp as well. I really think they should put an amber turn signal into that clear lens. Our Montana SV6 has 3 lamps, the top is a tail lamp, the middle is tail/brake/turn signal, and the bottom is a reversing lamp. The top lamp has the same bulb as the middle lamp, so I can't understand why GM would only use it as a tail lamp when it could be used as a turn signal as well, instead of combining them all in one bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts