GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are on an extended trip and I wanted to give a short report on our experience with our Acadia (FWD, SLT-2).  Actually a temporary relocation for the summer to a cooler part of the USA!

The Positives
We have had the car since January 31, but only about 2000 miles on it before this trip.  Car has performed superbly on this trip!  Everything has been great.  The ride, handling and overall performance has exceeded our expectations.  Much better than the Caddy SRX we came out of.  Highway gas mileage (via DIC) has been 24 MPG on the highway including several “slowdowns/stop & goes” for accidents, construction, etc.  And the car was packed to the brim----the cargo capacity is outstanding!  Overall, a very enjoyable trip in an excellent car!  XM radio a blast; NAV worked great; A/C fine; love HUD; in a nutshell, no complaints.

The Neutrals
1) I’m now more eager for the next “fix” for the transmission.  Home territory is very flat; temporary area is VERY mountainous.  A little smoother shifting will be welcomed.  I do find using the Low gear setting and the “manual” (max gear) shifting helpful in the hills and for breaking on big down hills.
2) NAV/Radio to HUD data display continues to be intermittent, but GM says fix on the way for that.
3) Lateral support in the front seats could be improved upon slightly.  I notice it much more here in the hills than at home.  Not a big issue, but an area for future improvement.

The One Negative (and it’s not GM’s fault)
Had the oil changed a few days before we left home at the GMC dealer where I bought the car.  Once we got to our destination, I noticed what looked like an oil leak on the garage floor.  Took the car to the local GMC dealer.  Seems my “home” dealer service department needs some lessons in putting on a new oil filter as it was beat up and developed a slow leak.  They must have been a little aggressive with the clamps.  The filter was really “beat up” with numerous indentions in it.  New filter correctly installed now and no leak.

Have sighted many Acadias, a few Outlooks and even 2 Enclaves so far.

Absolutely no regrets in owning this car!  :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
when i worked professionaly at a machenics shop, i was told by my boss that nevery use clamps to put on oil filters and only use them to get the old one off. sounds like the gmc guys were in a hurry or just didn't care.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
when i worked professionaly at a machenics shop, i was told by my boss that nevery use clamps to put on oil filters and only use them to get the old one off. sounds like the gmc guys were in a hurry or just didn't care.
:ditto:
I was always told to hand tighten oil filters.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rollin' Thunder said:
Exactly! Thus my suggestion for some "lessons" at the dealer! :)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
We drove 500+ miles yesterday and arrived Nashville in 90+ degrees. Not really any better where we left from. First fill up was 22.9 mpg averaging 70mph on pretty flat land with A/C on and little wind. Second fillup was 21.5 with A/C on at 70-75 mph with a little breeze and a bit not so level terrain. I used tier 1 gas both times. The third fill up, I lost track and was doing 75+ for the most part. We continue to enjoy the comforts of this Acadia and the ride! There is just the 2 of us and baggage in the rear. Why do women have to bring so much on a trip?? Gees. We will be in Nashville for 2 full days with bus tour this morning for 3-1/2 hours. We leave Tuesday morn for Savannah to meet wife's brother and wife for 3 days. By the way, tire pressure front is 40 and rear 38 at 85 temp cold. If you have not taken any trips in your Acadia, you don't know what you are missing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts