GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Owner of a 2015 gmc acadia awd with 125000 kms on it. Installed a TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE TUNE, ADVANTAGE. Instant noticable horsepower gain. Shifts points changed and OMG it goes. Absolutely love it! Feels like a completely different vehicle! Sluggish grocery getter is No more! If you want your Acadia to be fun to drive. Purchase Trifecta Tune for your Acadia. I guarantee you will not be disappointed 馃挴

Attachments

Registered
Looks like there's some gain above 4500 rpm. Peak increase is 14 HP and 8 ft-lb. View attachment 9633
Looks like so, if the tests are legit. But only above 4500 is not where most of us spend a lot of time.
The OP's first post, a glowing product review... could just as likely be an "ad".

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely not not an ad. The power difference is amazing. And as for the graph I have to disagree. The torque is felt right away. No lag what so ever off the line .pulls hard through all the gears. Ive driven some fast cars and straight line, this hauls #$%
for almost 5000 pounds.
I did a few 0-60's and the best was 7.2 .
I'll post again with pics if I can get a 1/4 mile time.

Registered
Looks like so, if the tests are legit. But only above 4500 is not where most of us spend a lot of time.
The OP's first post, a glowing product review... could just as likely be an "ad".
Agreed. Don't think my '18 has ever seen 4500 RPM, it's not a performance vehicle. Looking at their web site, seems pricey for a claimed 14 HP. IMO just another ad for snake oil.

Definitely not not an ad. The power difference is amazing. And as for the graph I have to disagree. The torque is felt right away. No lag what so ever off the line .pulls hard through all the gears. Ive driven some fast cars and straight line, this hauls #$%
for almost 5000 pounds.
I did a few 0-60's and the best was 7.2 .
I'll post again with pics if I can get a 1/4 mile time.
LOL, why would I want to go slower? Every review of my '18 shows 0-60 times between 6.1 and 6.5.

Registered
Well . . . OP has a 2015 so on the old V6the tune might help.
But agree. . . . the chart shows gains over 4500 RPM and not that much. Maybe there was some tweaking to the shift points that give some improvement?

Registered
I don't see how there would be any difference off the line, unless you're talking partial throttle and they remapped the throttle position. But if the OP is enjoying it, that's all that matters!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see how there would be any difference off the line, unless you're talking partial throttle and they remapped the throttle position. But if the OP is enjoying it, that's all that matters!
Hi Jeff95TA. I am the op. After driving more im starting to realize that the horsepower gain im feeling is most likely throttle positioning. I didnt notice really until I did a bunch more runs. its almost like 3/4 throttle when you barely touch the pedal BUT...it absolutely has more power! There's no denying the torque difference either

Registered
Promises the same increase in torque and HP as a K&N air filter.....which is much cheaper snake oil.
Haha, yes, cheaper snake oil.
Regardless, me says this is advertising, and the OP will disappear soon enough, not posting about anything other than this supposed power wonder. It worked, the product is being discussed, that's what the manufacturer wanted out of this.
Apologies if you're actually legit Robertj, as it sure don't seem that way. Time will tell.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Lmfao.... you guys are all TROLLS.
I try to post a nice review of some modifications I've done and all I get is trolls. Go suk on yur mommas teets and ill enjoy my snake oil. Losers..

Registered
If it is just throttle response that is mostly noticeable from the tune. .. . then even something like the Sprint Booster or Pedal Commander which has programmable throttle response control for $160 to $300 might be as good or better.
And. . . doesn't affect ECM mapping and can be removed easily and quickly for emissions testing or "dealer visits".
I do know that the EPA has come down with new scrutiny on after market tuning for both automotive use and motorcycles.
Harley Davidson and others have faced tougher measures they must use to thwart owner implemented engine controls software changes. Similar things are in the works for cars, trucks and SUVs.

Super Moderator
Lmfao.... you guys are all TROLLS.
I try to post a nice review of some modifications I've done and all I get is trolls. Go suk on yur mommas teets and ill enjoy my snake oil. Losers..
You need to tone it down a bit, noob. Lucky for you no one has yet reported you as a lunchmeat purveyor. Any vendors here need to register with forum admin.

Registered
I'd be curious to see what they can do with a premium unleaded tune. I haven't really followed the 3.6L to know what aftermarket stuff is out there, and how much these engines can take.

Registered
Me either on the 3.6L possibilities, but a quick trip to a Camaro forum would probably answer any questions. I'm happy with mine as is, but am curious what some changes could yield (exhaust mainly).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts