GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia SLE, 3.6 V6, Midnight Blue
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in February, I was looking to buy a new Acadia. I was going to buy a midnight blue SLE with the V6, moonroof, and heated seats. I told the dealership if they could find an AT4 with those stats, I might be willing to pay extra for the upgraded model.

They said they searched the entire US inventory, and there were zero Acadia AT4s in midnight blue. They said a few dealerships had them back ordered and were MONTHS away.

That's fine...I bought the SLE with all the options and the color I wanted.

Today, I went on the GMC site and searched for blue AT4s with V6, heated seats and moonroof....and at least 15 showed up.

I'm happy with what I have, but knowing that if I waited two months I could have gotten the AT4 I wanted...uggg.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your dealership may have told you that because dealer-to-dealer trades are hard to handle right now. I went through a similar experience with the XT5 back in August. My list of 'must haves' was as nearly simple as yours - ext./int. color, V6, and AWD. You could have found what you wanted if you were willing to travel to another dealership. That's what I ended up doing. My local dealer wasn't able to negotiate a trade with one in a nearby town to get me what I wanted, so off I went to the other place.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia SLE, 3.6 V6, Midnight Blue
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Your dealership may have told you that because dealer-to-dealer trades are hard to handle right now. I went through a similar experience with the XT5 back in August. My list of 'must haves' was as nearly simple as yours - ext./int. color, V6, and AWD. You could have found what you wanted if you were willing to travel to another dealership. That's what I ended up doing. My local dealer wasn't able to negotiate a trade with one in a nearby town to get me what I wanted, so off I went to the other place.
They did say there were other AT4s that matched in everything but color, but I declined. Ironically, the Acadia they tracked down for me ended up coming from a dealership 20 - 30 miles away.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
LOL My local salesperson called a bit later and told me they had an XT5 just delivered that matched all but interior. I declined, too. Black leather seats were not what I wanted. Perhaps the SLEs weren't moving so fast and that's why the dealer trade worked out for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess I got lucky with a dealer-to-dealer trade on my 2021 AT4 just a little over a week ago!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts