GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the actual difference between the outlook Dual Zone Climate Control and the Acadia Tri Zone?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Acadia Tri-Zone system allows the driver and right-front passenger to independently control temperature. There is also a control for the backseat to independently control their fan/temp. Dual zone does not allow any rear seat control only driver and right-front passenger control.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Outlook does offer "tri-zone."
The rear passenger can control fan speed, vent location and up to 12* additional heat in 1* increments.

·
Registered
395 Posts
dpryke said:
Dual zone does not allow any rear seat control only driver and right-front passenger control.
Actually, that's not quite correct. My SLE has the manual controls and I can control front (both sides together- not independent driver & passenger) and rear (controled from the back seat- can turn it on and off from the front).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scotted73, Thanks!

So it is a "tri-zone" same as Acadia? They(Saturn) call it Dual zone and I just neede to be sure.

·
Registered
395 Posts
lewisra said:
Scotted73, Thanks!

So it is a "tri-zone" same as Acadia? They(Saturn) call it Dual zone and I just neede to be sure.
Not positive, but if they call it "dual zone", I would think it is the same as Acadia SLE- front and rear controls but not separate driver and passenger.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jseck2 said:
dpryke said:
Dual zone does not allow any rear seat control only driver and right-front passenger control.
Actually, that's not quite correct. My SLE has the manual controls and I can control front (both sides together- not independent driver & passenger) and rear (controled from the back seat- can turn it on and off from the front).
I can confirm this. My SLE has Dual Zone which allows me to control the front (but not driver/passenger independently) and the back, or the back can adjust the fan and temperature settings themselves.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My Outlook XR has Drivers side and passenger side individual temp controls and the second row has a control for the rear as well. I believe it is the same thing as "tri-zone" although Saturn calls it "dual zone".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.