GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this forum, but can't find anything related.

When our 2008 Acadia AWD is at a dead stop, and we start to accelerate, the transmission seems to slip for a second and then engages causing us to jolt back in our seats. This seems to only happen when the vehicle isn't fully warmed up. And it doesn't happen all the time. I'd say we feel this every 1 out of 20 times we accelerate. But it's an aweful feeling.

The dealership service department encountered this problem once when we brought it in, but was not able to reproduce it again (go figure) and wasn't sure what would cause this.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
we havent had any of those problems with ours. have you gotten the recall service completed on it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
This sounds like a problem I have on mine occasionally ... can't quite figure out the conditions. I don't think it's a tranny issue ... believe it's a temperature sensor glitch which somehow affects fuel flow/engine RPMs/etc. For me, seems to only happen when the vehicle isn't warmed up and it's cold (<40F) outside. However, not the first start in the morning ... occurs after the vehicle has sat for a few hours after the morning commute. Back off on the throttle and it goes away. If I needed to bring the vehicle in for anything else I'd probably have this looked at too. I view it as an infrequent, minor annoyance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe mine have this issue. I can't seem to find a way to reproduce it, but when it happens it feels as if its you're first time driving a stick trying to get out of first gear. It feels as if the engine will shut down. Anyways, I've took it to the dealer and they stated that something was out of calibration and corrected it. This was last week and last night and today this morning it happened again. Though not as bad as before but I still felt it hesitating. I will be taking it back in to see what else they can do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took my 2008 Acadia in for 10K mile service and mentioned the problem I still have with a "jolt" that sometimes happens when accelerating from a dead stop. I see a couple of you have mentioned having the same problem.

To recap, this only seems to happen when the Acadia is just started and I drive thru the first few stops. When I come to complete stop, and then accelerate normally, "sometimes" there's is a jolt as if the transmisson wasn't completely engaged...or something like that. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, and sometimes it happens a few stops in a row. I just can't seem to re-create it when I want to.

Anyone else have this happen to them? Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That would not be normal and should take trip to service dept. Be sure you take a test drive with the service manager with him/her driving.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
You might check the transmission fluid level to see if it's as simple as that, but it's not normal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I only experience the problem if I drive off with no warm up on a cold day. I think there's a temperature sensor somewhere in the engine compartment which is getting mixed messages. Suggest you give the vehicle 30+sec to warm up. I'm afraid if I bring it to the dealer they'll break something else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too had this problem. I reported that my transmission had a jolt when it was shifted from reverse to drive after it a sat for 20 minutes. It would not do this if acceleratered very, very slowly after putting it in drive. I reported it back in May but was told it was the ABS and I would have to live with it. (This is the same answer they gave me for other problems I have encountered with my new 2008 Acadia) After numerous times complaining they serviced my transmission which included cleaning a valve in the valve body. This seemed to fix the problem. That was only two weeks ago. Only time will tell. Hope this helps :-\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts