GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the oil in the Acadia this weekend and noticed that the bottom of the transmission case had tranny fluid on it. I checked the fluid level and had no appreciable loss. I was wondering if anyone else may have had this problem. I will take it to the dealer and have it checked out ASAP. It is a '07 FWD w/ 17000 miles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Any clues to the source of the leak? Could possibly be coolant too. ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't investigate too much. The vehicle was in my garage with limited access to the undercarraige. It most definitely was transmission fluid though. I have an appointment with the local GMC dealer tomorrow. I will post the results of their investigation.

·
Registered
101 Posts
jlogan,

I had a small transmission leak on my wife's '07 FWD also. If you do a search on the forum, it is a common issue. I think a seal gets pinched, or installed incorrectly. The shop put some dye in the trans fluid, and checked it a week later. They had to remove my tranny and replace the seal that was damaged. It was in the shop almost a week for the work, waiting on the parts/seals/gaskets. They provided a rental car (cobalt, yuck!) for the time it took to repair.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the mechanic said that a couple of the bolts that hold the two transmission halves together were loose. He said that he used some sealant and retorqued them. He did not know if that would stop it or not, and said that the next step would be to perform the process mentioned in the above post. I hope this does the trick as I do not like the idea of my transmission scattered all over a shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a tranny leak it is in the torque converter out put shaft . There is a issue with the seal, there junk there made in Germany? This is what my dealer told me. The car will be in the dealership for about a week can't get parts. Seems like a B.S. story to me Only got 6000 miles ( Don't leak much bottom of the trany is wet but I am sure it will get worse they tell me there are 27 Acadias out there waiting for parts??)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
When I had mine in the last time they found a slow leak and it was the seal. They replaced it twice because the first replacement leaked too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We had a transmission leak, found it when I was changing oil.
The dealer put in dye, we took it back, they found out it was the seal on the torque converter.
The service manager said that GMC was having issues with the seals.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I seem to have this issue on my 07. No fluid on the floor just a drip on the Tranny. I haven't made an appointment yet. Funny, I just noticed it the other day, however, I could smell it a few weeks ago in the garage when the car was parked. But didn't get under it until yesterday.

·
Registered
423 Posts
GM Retired said:
I have a tranny leak it is in the torque converter out put shaft . There is a issue with the seal, there junk there made in Germany? This is what my dealer told me. The car will be in the dealership for about a week can't get parts. Seems like a B.S. story to me Only got 6000 miles ( Don't leak much bottom of the trany is wet but I am sure it will get worse they tell me there are 27 Acadias out there waiting for parts??)
what...germany doesnt make junk. you tell that service writer he needs to get checked out. unless it came from dymler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts