GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am about to buy an Acadia, but in my two test drives, I noticed the transmission shifted back and forth a lot, which was really annoying. Is this going to be fixed with a re-program, or is it something I will just have to live with?

·
Registered
306 Posts
lakeman said:
I think I am about to buy an Acadia, but in my two test drives, I noticed the transmission shifted back and forth a lot, which was really annoying. Is this going to be fixed with a re-program, or is it something I will just have to live with?
I didn't notice that either in any of the Acadias I've driven--are you in a hilly area?

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is a recall to address the transmission shift pattern. Most people perceive it as aggressively shifting into too high a gear to soon - if you drive aggressively or live in a hilly area you're probably notice it hunting.

The feedback on the update seems very positive (I get mine re-flashed tomorrow). But, also be aware that its a six speed transmission, so it will inevitabley shift more than you may be used to with older 4 speed automatics - there's simply two more cogs for it to work with.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,
I got my Acadia Nov 1 /07. I did update software for transmission, couple day after. After 500 miles most in traffic I can say a trans. performed very well. My last car was Acura 3.2 TL. I have couple hills on way to work and back home, and if I keep my foot on pedal (with applying little pressure) it react quick enough to down shift, soon it in lower gear car is going fast up to hill. The Acura TL did same thing, the only difference Acura light car. I think, for people who complain, should wait and catch that little foot touch on pedal. As soon you'll get it, you will like your transmission. Also, some of us afraid push on the pedal, maybe MPG? This car has more then enough power to pull you fast up to hill. About gas mil., I have not done any math. I will come back after Thanksgiving Day with updates for MPG. Right now it looks ok.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The 6 cogs hunt extremely well for what it was designed for after this latest flash upgrade! Shifting is very smooth in the hunting process too, for the various grades the vehicle encounters. Pretty happy with performace and GAS MILEAGE! 19+ city and 23+ hwy with 1-2 people w 4 bags of luggage on long weekends. This last transmission flash has been calibrated with optimum performance and couldn't be happier. Wife is more in love with it now with latest flash too!

·
Registered
183 Posts
They've flashed mine twice - once in May (-ish), and a second time in September. The last update really made a difference - less 'hunting' for a gear, and definitely a much smoother ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts