GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,
Im new here, so, Im doing all by myself, due to collision in the front, the chassis was bent, and compresse and broke the plastic cover of the transmission, I don't know if is a pan or so, the case is through a good amount of transmission fluid and obviously the car don't want to shift any more, I'm planning to fix the chassis first to get there, but my question is, why I get a huge leak on that part? Please look the picture and the red circle is the affected/broken area... aaah, please I can solved just replacing this cover? just in case what is the name of that cover or the part number?

Thanks.
Camera Camera lens Digital camera Reflex camera Camera accessory

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I believe that is called the control valve cover. You got a huge leak because fluid lives under that cover.

That cover is a pretty inexpensive part. My concern would be damage to the bits under that cover.....not so inexpensive

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
Your picture appears to be flipped. This is what it should look like:
Motor vehicle Camera lens Camera accessory Automotive design Automotive tire

Reactions: Robinsanc

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
... My concern would be damage to the bits under that cover.....not so inexpensive
I'd be especially concerned about damage to the transmission case (casting) where the cover bolts to it. That would be the transmission's death knell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone can help me what’s the part number or any link about this cover?

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
Someone can help me what’s the part number or any link about this cover?
Check with a local dealer. Information about parts for the 9-speed transmission is sorely lacking on the 'net. I looked!! You might be able to find something if you dig deeper than I did. Making an acquaintance at the local dealer will pay off considerably with what you're trying to do. They may give you the part number so you can do your own shopping for a better price on what you need for your whole project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts