GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd check here to see if anyone is experiencing this. We took our Acadia in to get the TSB flash update for the transmission, and though it does drive a bit better (especially in 3-4th situations), it seems that at times it is "slipping" now. In other words, you step on the gas (say from a red light) and for the slightest moment it doesn't move and then there is a thunk noise and then it goes.

It happened a handful of times the first week after we had it done. My wife drives it most of the time and I haven't noticed it since, but it is disconcerting. Anyone else experience this behavior?

Mark

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have not. That does not seem right and it sounds like something that is not related.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn't describe it as a full non-response to pushing the gas peddle.

But I have experienced inconsistent responsiveness.  Meaning, sometimes at a red light, I will press the gas peddle and the car responds as I would expect a new car to.  And sometimes I'll press the gas peddle and while it will go, I have to continue to press harder on the gas peddle to achieve the "umph" I need to get going.

If it was consistent, I'll feel more confident on how it would respond each time and probably get used to it.  But it seems inconsistent, so I never know what to expect each time. 

But after the Flash, the shifting in higher gears works great.  Just the low speed accelerations that I'm not 100% pleased with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's the inconsistency and the thunking that are most disconcerting. My wife says it hasn't been doing it any more, but I am definitely looking out for it to happen again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a problem with the transmission slipping when I place in reverse. It is the first thing in the morning and started happening after the last flash. My wife had to get my wife to push car out of garage the other AM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts