Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the improvement but could be better

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the most sought-after updates. Now that it's finally available, people are starting to schedule appointments at their respective dealerships. Let's poll some thoughts about it.
Let me know if we need more options for voting. :thumb:

NOTE:[/color][/color] this is for the latest transmission fix RECALL 07217 which came out Sept 21,2007 for 2007 models. The update for 2008 models built before August was released August 23.(please correct if not accurate)
Eligible vehicle owners should also get a notification in their GMLINK owner site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Great improvement (seemingly in 20 miles home) however the dIC refuses to measure over 5 MPG. I don't think the mileage has changed but now will have to make t trip back to the dealer to solve the DIC problem. Anxious to hear what is happening with everbody else.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Really good idea to start a new thread dedicated to this latest flash, but I'm slightly worried folks are gonna vote on any flash they have ever received, and I think the intent was to capture your satisfaction if you've recieved the latest flash only....

Perhaps it would be worth it to edit the title of the poll so folks know exactly which flash the poll is about.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would like to see an option between average and completely satisfied. We are a lot happier with our Enclave but I would prefer a little more work be done on the tuning.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe I've missed the news. Is there a brand new flash? I was at my dealer's in June and was advised there was no flash available.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The long awaited update for 2007 models came out this week

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got flashed yesterday and just returned from my test drive.  My impression:  I like it, very much.

Here is what I like:
1.  Better able to hold position on an incline without brake or throttle.
2.  When reverse is selected in my garage the vehicle will start slowly moving backward without throttle input.  It required throttle to  move prior to the flash.   
3.  Requires less throttle to back up an incline.
4.  Annoying harsh downshift when turning a corner in a neighborhood is gone.
5.  At highway speed without cruise control, much more responsive to throttle.  ie will downshift with much less throttle input. 
6.  At highway speed with cruise control, will select and hold 5th appropriately before shifting to 4th if required.  Prior to the flash would sometimes hit fifth for an instant then shift to 4th causing whiplash.
7.  All shifts seemed to be more smooth.

The flash is well worth it.  Meets expectations for operation of an auto tranny much better now.  MPG readout was not affected as noted in another post.  I reset before my 30 mile drive and ended with 20.1 mpg which is about what I would expect.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got an oil change and had the flash done...my DIC is now frigged up. I don't believe I'm getting 65-75 miles per gallon. :banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's strange.
I just had mine flashed. It came out very good.

Aside from the DIC, how was the transmission response after the flash?

From the other thread:
kram said:
The verdict is out. It's a :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
It took some time and I was told by the service manager that they have to do it on 2 modules ( ECM and TCCM)which took 20 minutes each.
For my very limited test of 12 miles from dealership to home, I would say it passed with flying colors. Shifting was pretty smooth. Gone is my 50-60mph lag which I could always replicate anytime before the flash.

I didn't know that the service manager took it for a 19-mile test drive until I read my service receipt.

Next trip : highway and uphill driving.
Will update later.

Now, go out and have get your flash already!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok, but between the lumbar in my seat frigged up and the DIC, I can't concentrate on telling if it has changed the tranny...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Anybody with a DIC not working properly for mileage needs to go back and get one of the modules, either TCM or ECM, flashed again. They BOTH need to be updated and if they aren't, you'll have an inaccurate DIC calculation.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not have DIC but I had 2 modules done. I do not think it's gonna do anything harmful, I suppose. Am i right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey folks wassuupp! well just fyi i just got back from the dealer to pick up my dashcover (free) and coupon for free oil change and a fill up! i got 2ks on my acadia and i talk to the service guys about the trnnny flash and i told him that i saw this info on the blogs and he ran my vin and he gave me a printout and true enough i needed a tranny software and calibration update so i will bring it tommorow and get it done . he said it will take about an hour to get this done . i hope it will be for the better .

·
Registered
179 Posts
kram said:
I do not have DIC but I had 2 modules done. I do not think it's gonna do anything harmful, I suppose. Am i right?
If both modules aren't flashed, it doesn't hurt anything. Your odometer is just off by a factor of 3.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Happy with mine as is, no reflash. Figure when I take it in for its first oil change, the question of the reflash might come up. I doubt I will want it done but was wondering if anyone has noticed a change in MPG after the reflash. If it improves MPG I might consider it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
After mine was fixed yesterday (another post) my milage is right back to what it was before the flash.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I received the notification letter from GM about this reflash for my '08, just last week. I was considering just keeping it as-is, since it's performing pretty well, and I've had no issues with the behavior of my transmission.

But, I just took a business trip, up to Lynchburg, Virginia and back, five hours drive round trip, and finally experienced the harsh downshifts while cruise control is engaged, that others have posted about. If anyone here has ever driven US 29, you know it's quite hilly and curvy for a four-lane highway.

So, I'm going to schedule an appointment to have it done today.

There was one sort of curious thing about the letter, and here it is verbatim:

"After the software update is performed, your vehicle may take a couple of weeks to re-learn your driving habits. During this time your fuel economy may vary from what you previously experienced."

This gives me a little pause, since I've been getting excellent highway gas mileage. But, I'm still going to get it done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow! Just got back from the dealer for the water leak problem ( TSB#07-08-57-002A, they dropped headliner, sealed 4 areas, hope it's fixed) And they said they did ANOTHER reflash, this time the recall 07217, bulletin #V1696. Last week they said they did the reflash when I asked about 07217. They said the reflash had been modified? since last week and this was a NEW one. TOO MANY different #'s for me to keep track of! Anyway, drove around town, 20 miles or so, the tranny really shifts smoothly. Acceleration is very smooth, almost effortless. I really like this vehicle! We're going out to put some highway/interstate miles on. I just hope the leak stops!

·
Registered
148 Posts
What if you don't get any notification from the Gmlink? They haven't said anything yet but I have a 07 purchased in May, I imagine I qualify for the recall. What is the point of this Gmlink if it doesn't even do anything?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts